Check In/Boarding time Question....Panorama

We are a group of seven ....5 adults and 2 children.....six of us did our cruise docs early and picked a arrive at terminal 12 to 12:30  and got a boarding group #D05.....the procrastinator  waited  days later and got the leftovers....Arrive at terminal 1:30 to 2...and boarding group G06.....

Will they let the slow poke get on with us as a family group.....or will he have to hang around in the terminal until his group called...

How does all this work anyways....any tips.???  as I bet we all arrive at the port before noon from the hotel....we are all in one shuttle service van...

Thanks

The one who picked the 1:30-2pm check-in time needs to get there at his time, or those that picked the 12:00-12:30 time can hang back and go at 1:30-2pm. The reason staggered check-in works, is because it works. If everyone ignored their time and showed up whenever, it'd bottleneck. I have noticed more and more ports are turning people away that show up before their scheduled check-in time. 

• Like 8

Well....not that positive for the "slow poke" for registering later....will see what happens when we get there....he may have to wait while we get on and enjoy lunch...lol....

I'm assuming the 'slow poke' is an adult (or couple) with a separate cabin. Your prompt group can board with them. They can't accelerate their position in the queue and board with you.

Posted (edited)

I'd just delay, split the difference and arrive with them if it's important to you to get onboard together. Anytime after like 1:00pm you'll probably all be fine as the terminal slows down significantly after the initial rush (11am-12/12:30pmish).

I actually prefer the later boarding time, it's so much less stressful 🙂 

Edited by notscb

2 hours ago, jsglow said:

I'm assuming the 'slow poke' is an adult (or couple) with a separate cabin. Your prompt group can board with them. They can't accelerate their position in the queue and board with you.

Yep....a single adult who always seems to poke along....has his own cabin.....so looks like the rest of us will get on as soon as they let us and he waits....a lesson to be learned...maybe...lol

Quick question since I've never sailed Carnival with a group of cabins before, but can one representative do the online check-in for the entire group if you link the reservations in the cruise planner on website or app? I know you can do it this way for Royal, but that's the only line I've cruised with multiple rooms before.

OK, I noticed just now that this is a Looooong Beach departure on Panorama. Understand that Arrival Appointment times are STRICTLY enforced out there. It literally doesn't matter what one's Priority Status is. If your paperwork says 1:30-2p, you WILL stand in that queue outdoors. I have no experience with showing up later than one's scheduled appointment if everyone wants to ride the same shuttle bus but I can tell you as a Diamond that I've been told to 'kindly stand in the 10:30a line sir' and I've sailed from there a half dozen times. Your friend is unlikely to even enter the building before 1:30p. Food for thought.

11 hours ago, jsglow said:

OK, I noticed just now that this is a Looooong Beach departure on Panorama. Understand that Arrival Appointment times are STRICTLY enforced out there. It literally doesn't matter what one's Priority Status is. If your paperwork says 1:30-2p, you WILL stand in that queue outdoors. I have no experience with showing up later than one's scheduled appointment if everyone wants to ride the same shuttle bus but I can tell you as a Diamond that I've been told to 'kindly stand in the 10:30a line sir' and I've sailed from there a half dozen times. Your friend is unlikely to even enter the building before 1:30p. Food for thought.

Thanks...for the warning....the rest of us are not going to wait.....lol.....he is young so too bad and will wait......as they say...."the early bird gets the worm".....haha