Giada Pamela De Laurentiis, really?

4 hours ago, shepherd really said:

I half agree with you, she's certainly a celebrity.  The chef part is what I question.  If she had a different last name could her resume get her a job as an executive chef in a Michelin starred restaurant?  

My point as well. And do the "hiring authorities" know what makes a 'chef'?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can’t wait for the first thread after they change the name of Toscana to Giada’s! 

I’m going to go with thread title “ I will no longer cruise on Oceania because of changing Toscana name to Giada’s”. Of course they will start with they have cruised on Oceania 43 times and this will be their first post.  🍿🍿

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, iowananny said:

I'm going to try the eggplant timbale.  I've always had good luck with her recipes.

Me, too.  That eggplant looks devine.  I don't have a problem with Oceania hiring a "show biz" chef for marketing reasons.  After all, she will not be the one doing the cooking in the galley on my next cruise.  Now, how her influence affect the menus, that's a story yet to be told.  I'd be thrilled to eat that eggplant at multiple meals!

2 minutes ago, Kay S said:

eggplant

The only way I like eggplant is the dim sum dish where it's stuffed with shrimp paste.

13 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

I can’t wait for the first thread after they change the name of Toscana to Giada’s! 

I’m going to go with thread title “ I will no longer cruise on Oceania because of changing Toscana name to Giada’s”. Of course they will start with they have cruised on Oceania 43 times and this will be their first post.  🍿🍿

They will probably give her her own channel on the ship tv.