When does Celebrity MoveUp Open for Bids?

Redgte

FYI. We did move up around 60 days from Eclipse April 20 sailing. CC to AC. 

First time we have gotten our bid accepted.  However there were over 50 AC cabins available as of today when bid was accepted. 

Dont give up.  Check the available cabins.   

Just a heads up it was $50 per day x 7 days to move up. 

• Like 1

I just got an email and it’s day 81! I’m going to watch and see if the minimum bids come down. I’m not interested in suites and I think a SV is less good for Norwegian fjords because the scenery is to the side so looking mainly at Aqua. 

• Like 1

I’m at 80 days out and just got an upgrade email today. 

We're excited to let you know that you may be eligible for a stateroom upgrade on your upcoming Celebrity Beyond cruise 

• Like 2

I didn't know anything about biding. can someone explain how this works? I have booked Celebrity Edge cruise in November through a TA, does that mean sometime in August I can request to bid on a larger room? 

Thank you for explaining!

Short answer, probably! There are some big box stores that aren’t included in the move up programme. I’m in the UK and have only ever booked direct. Have a look on the Celebrity website. Be aware that you can make bids on multiple room types, and edit your bids until one is accepted. As soon as a bid is accepted it cannot be cancelled and payment will be taken. 

Quick update: I waited it out and my email to Bid came in at 80 days out. Strange thing is if I click on the 'Upgrade with MoveUp' on the Celebrity site it still says my booking isn't eligible. I used the link in the email though with no problem. I don't have high hopes to get any of the bids accepted though as it looks like our sailing is sold out. I submitted a bid for each of the Sky Suite options so we shall see...

• Like 1

I got the email to move up and luckily before hitting complete I read the fine print.  We are in concierge class and trying to move up to Aqua class to be able to dine with friends who are in the aqua class(sold out when we booked directly with celebrity) the website says that you don't get the additional amenities  that come with the new class stateroom.  I even called celebrity to confirm and she said it was true.  So for us no incentive to move up.  I was disappointed.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, flpenguin said:

I got the email to move up and luckily before hitting complete I read the fine print.  We are in concierge class and trying to move up to Aqua class to be able to dine with friends who are in the aqua class(sold out when we booked directly with celebrity) the website says that you don't get the additional amenities  that come with the new class stateroom.  I even called celebrity to confirm and she said it was true.  So for us no incentive to move up.  I was disappointed.

You do get Blu and Persian Gardens. I would say that’s a win if you want to dine with your friends. Why wouldn’t you attempt the move up?

Edited by Purplsmurf

3 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

You do get Blu and Persian Gardens. I would say that’s a win if you want to dine with your friends. Why wouldn’t you attempt the move up?

I would absolutly move up but when I called celebrity to ask they told me I could not dine in Blu if I got the move up since our original cabin didn't include Blu.  Was I given wrong information??

8 minutes ago, flpenguin said:

I would absolutly move up but when I called celebrity to ask they told me I could not dine in Blu if I got the move up since our original cabin didn't include Blu.  Was I given wrong information??

Yes, you were given wrong information. You don’t get any extra perks, but you do get the amenities. Aqua used to automatically come with the drink package. If you didn’t have one, you wouldn’t get it with move up, but it’s not included anymore. You keep any perks you have. Go for it!

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

Yes, you were given wrong information. You don’t get any extra perks, but you do get the amenities. Aqua used to automatically come with the drink package. If you didn’t have one, you wouldn’t get it with move up, but it’s not included anymore. You keep any perks you have. Go for it!

awesome thanks.  The only perk we really care about is dining at Blu

• Like 1