Princess shuttles on Mykonos?

IUSteve

Does anyone know from experience whether Princess runs its own shuttle buses on Mykonos from the New Port to Chora (Mykonos town) and back?  If so, do you know how frequently and how late they run?  Thanks!  

Been to Mykonos many times. On Celebrity the ships berth (perhaps due to the Greek captains getting first dibs!) so there is a shuttle bus all day long from the cruise ship berth to the town.

For our Princess visits however we’ve always had tenders take us to the town’s harbour.

You can also get a little ferry from the cruise ship dock to the harbour which costs few euro’s.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Esprit said:

For our Princess visits however we’ve always had tenders take us to the town’s harbour.

I was in Mykonos on the Regal Princess in 2022 and we docked at the berth.

The Norwegian Epic was there in the morning but cancelled the port (high winds). The MSC Sinfonia was also there, they had to tender.

Edited by EDVM96

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Sun Princess. The  new port is not that far away from old town. You can purchase a bus ticket from Princess for $9 ahead of time and they say it takes about 20 minutes. The actually ride is more like 10 but they do wait for buses to fill up. Or you can take the water taxi, the “Sea Bus”, for 2 euro each way. Princess “warns” that there may be long lines but that was never the case as far as I could see. The Sea Bus also takes about 10, maybe 15 minutes. 

Since we had a private tour pick us up at the cruise terminal but then drop us off in old town after, we asked the suite concierge which type of travel was better and they said to use the water taxi as it was very easy. Even Princess was not recommending the bus!

• Like 1

They also said that the buses run until 4:30 but all aboard wasn’t until 5:30 so I was confused. The water taxi was operating right up until 5:30. They also have a number of them going back and forth. It was one boat where you would have to wait until it came back to get on. They were constantly going back and forth. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 1:01 AM, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

They also said that the buses run until 4:30 but all aboard wasn’t until 5:30 so I was confused. The water taxi was operating right up until 5:30. They also have a number of them going back and forth. It was one boat where you would have to wait until it came back to get on. They were constantly going back and forth. 

Thank you for taking the time to follow up and for the helpful information!

Another post mentioned high winds.  Here is my wind story for Mykonos.  Our ship was at dock with the wind pushing hard enough to put a slight tilt on the ship.  On the side of the ship was a tug pushing against the ship to keep it up against the dock.

While standing on the balcony I saw another large ship lose control and start running in a circle.  I thought that is going to hurt when that ship hits something.  However, it was down wind from our ship so no danger to us.

After 3 complete circles the crew finally got it under control. 

Bob