My Time Dining block 5 hours and 30 minutes from your calendar.

Posted (edited)

Has anyone noticed recently that when you reserve My Time Dining, it blocks out 5 hours 30 minutes from your cruise calendar and you cannot book anything in between that. For example, if you book MTD at 7:15 pm, it blocks 5 hours 30 minutes from your calendar and you cannot book a show starts at 10:15pm.  And vice versa, when I book a show at 10:15pm I cannot book MTD for that whole evening at all because of the 5 hours 30 minutes it has to reserve for MTD.  This is ridiculous. 

Edited by StrikeEagle

• StrikeEagle changed the title to My Time Dining block 5 hours and 30 minutes from your calendar.

Huh, I have MTD on my upcoming Symphony cruise and had no problem booking shows even 1.5 hours after that. I’ve also never had any issues before with other cruises. Maybe a problem with your computer?

15 hours ago, StrikeEagle said:

Has anyone noticed recently that when you reserve My Time Dining, it blocks out 5 hours 30 minutes from your cruise calendar and you cannot book anything in between that. For example, if you book MTD at 7:15 pm, it blocks 5 hours 30 minutes from your calendar and you cannot book a show starts at 10:15pm.  And vice versa, when I book a show at 10:15pm I cannot book MTD for that whole evening at all because of the 5 hours 30 minutes it has to reserve for MTD.  This is ridiculous. 

I have run into some dining reservation issues on an upcoming Wonder sailing along with others on that sailing. I have fixed dining so not with MTD but with specialty dining....some are blocking out a 4hr window like you are describing. It's defiantly a glitch because it will happen say with booking 150 Central Park with a 4hr block....but then when you book Chops it only has a 2hr block (which is normal).

17 hours ago, StrikeEagle said:

MTD hasn't started at 5:30 since the restart. The set up now on every ship we have been on since the restart (40+ with at least two cruises on every class except Quantum) is that one of the dining rooms does early traditional seating, and then morphs into MTD as the early seating empties out. MTD now typically opens for reservations at 6:30-7:00 PM.

I recently had this happen when I booked Hooked...the reservation says 4 hours and 30 minutes. My shows haven't opened yet, but I'm glad you brought this up because now I know I may run into problems booking a show that night when they do open up. My reservations at Jamie's and all of the My Time ones are all normal times, it's just Hooked that is unusually long.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dog_Mom_1011 said:

I recently had this happen when I booked Hooked...the reservation says 4 hours and 30 minutes. My shows haven't opened yet, but I'm glad you brought this up because now I know I may run into problems booking a show that night when they do open up. My reservations at Jamie's and all of the My Time ones are all normal times, it's just Hooked that is unusually long.

Yup...you will absolutely run into issues when you go to book entertainment. All the specialties on upcoming Wonder sailing are blocking our 4 hr windows except for Chops. I had to cancel a few specialty dining reservation because of.