Cruise Excursions Sale

di234

Hi, going on a New England Cruise in October. Just got an email that they are having a sale on excursions. But when I go to book excursions they are the same price as before. Near the price it says price affects discount. I know the cruise lines all play this game, my question is do you think after the sale, the prices will go up? I’ll book now just in case. Thanks for your opinions.

When I was watching they actually raised the rates before the sale to make the prices during the sale look lower (even though they were still slightly higher than previous. Sneaky and poor practice IMO. I would guess the prices will go up after the sale (mine are actually quite a bit more today than before or during the 'sale').

If they do go down, you could always cancel and rebook (as long as there is availability). 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, di234 said:

Hi, going on a New England Cruise in October. Just got an email that they are having a sale on excursions. But when I go to book excursions they are the same price as before. Near the price it says price affects discount. I know the cruise lines all play this game, my question is do you think after the sale, the prices will go up? I’ll book now just in case. Thanks for your opinions.

Seems like a little game Princess has been playing recently - raise the excursion price and then put them on "sale" - in the end basically they cost about the same as the original price. It's standard mind manipulation you see so often in retail marketing to make the consumer feel like they are getting a deal.

That being said, if there is an excursion you really want to take, you should definitely book it now. Experience shows that the prices will generally only go up from this point, especially as the cruise date draws closer. Excursions for our Norway cruise this summer have gone up substantially. So regardless of whether it is a real "sale" or not, best to book now and make sure you have the excursions you want locked in at likely the best price you are going to get.

• Like 1

I just logged into Princess to check my own excursions and this banner is on the website.  I've never seen it before -- Princess is being pretty blatant now about raising prices later onboard! 😮

Screenshot 2024-04-11 2.32.26 PM.png

The last time Princess had a sale on excursions, I rebooked and saved $80! However, the current prices are the same as the ones I got. So either it's the same sale or they raised the prices in order to "lower them". I think it might be the same sale as I rebooked my excursions pretty recently though.