Discovery Princess inside cabins question

rp23g7

Hi everyone, We are on the Discovery Princess, May 11th cruise to Alaska, YAY first time to Alaska after 15 cruises......and we live in Seattle.

We booked inside cabin A431.

A431 is right next to the elevator it turns out, wondering if anyone has stayed in any of the cabins A-D or so on the ship.  Is is noisy?  It looks like the elevator is on the backside of the cabin, rather than a hallway between, at least from the deckplans.

Anyone have comments and maybe pictures?  not a big deal just wondering.

53 minutes ago, rp23g7 said:

Hi everyone, We are on the Discovery Princess, May 11th cruise to Alaska, YAY first time to Alaska after 15 cruises......and we live in Seattle.

We booked inside cabin A431.

A431 is right next to the elevator it turns out, wondering if anyone has stayed in any of the cabins A-D or so on the ship.  Is is noisy?  It looks like the elevator is on the backside of the cabin, rather than a hallway between, at least from the deckplans.

Anyone have comments and maybe pictures?  not a big deal just wondering.

Have you checked out the sticky about cabins.  There should be several reviews on your cabin (could be same cabin on another ship of the same class or a port/starboard mirror).

have never stayed in a cabin like this, but will try to help.

I haven't heard of noise...  there is the small blank-space between the cabin in the elevators.  But again, I haven't heard of noise being an issue.

How many are traveling?  it seems that this cabin can accommodate 4 guests, so the dreaded two fold-out bunks will be hanging on the wall.  They are cumbersome to navigate, take up space, etc.   I would not want these if it were just two.  Not at all.

The PLUSSES to this cabin.

It is a 'sideways' layout cabin, so there is a little more space.  By all accounts, it feels a bit bigger.  This is partially because the little entryway with the open closet and the bath is not there.   So, that brings what could be considered a small negative.  The door is right on the hallway and opens directly into the open bedroom.  Doesn't feel as private, maybe, with no buffer between your bedroom and the hallway.

It is mid-ship and near the elevators.  SCORE.  Less walking, Less motion..  great location.

Hope this helps!

I don’t think I have stayed in that particular cabin, however I have stayed in a sideways inside on Royal and Discovery. I don’t think the elevators will cause an issue, but there is a staff hallway on the inside wall.  Both times I have heard staff “noise” (radios, talking, movement) It echoed a bit, as the walls are not as soundproof as they would appear. I wouldn’t say it bothered me, but if any sounds bother you, you should be aware of the possibility.

Posted (edited)

I have never had a noise problem in cabins near an elevator. That is a sideways inside cabin and I love those. The beds are near the door, so be careful when opening the door from the hallway because people can look inside. The bathroom is around the corner behind the TV.

If I remember correctly, I took those photos on the Discovery in cabin A418. Those cabins feel much roomier than a than a regular inside and I think they are great.

IMG_4182.jpeg

IMG_4181.jpeg

IMG_4180.jpeg

IMG_4179.png

IMG_4178.png

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser