Discovery Princess Shipyard Maintenance 10/28/25 - 11/18/25 and Restaurant Changes

Posted (edited)

Based on information received from crew on Discovery’s just completed TSE cruise & on the Princess schedule, Discovery will be having shipyard maintenance performed in Singapore for 3 weeks…10/28/25 until 11/18/25. I have no information about what will be done & whether it will be a wet or drydock.

The chef at The Catch by Rudi said that the current location at the top of the Piazza on deck 7 will swap locations with Sabatini’s on deck 5 across from Guest Services. Thus deck 7 at the top of the Piazza will have all Italian dining options…Gigi’s & Sabatini’s. He further stated that the Piazza’s deck 5 location for Salty Dog Gastropub will become O’Malley’s Irish Pub.

On the last night of the cruise dined at Sabatini’s & the restaurant manager (aka Head Waiter) stated that in 10 days the locations of The Catch & Sabatini’s would be swapped.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 8

3 hours ago, bellebaby said:

If anyone on the Discovery April 20th sailing reads this, will you let us know if the Salty Dog Gastropub is now O'Malley's Irish Pub?

Thanks!!!!

B

From disembarkation this morning…

IMG_2466.jpeg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bellebaby said:

So... O'Malley's? 😁

B

According to OP, the changes are due to happen the end of 2025, about 18 months from now.

3 minutes ago, Auntiejo said:

According to OP, the changes are due to happen the end of 2025, about 18 months from now.

Hmmm... I read it differently.  I thought the restaurant manager said the swaps (Sabatini's and The Catch) would happen within 10 days.

A subsequent post from last evening showed O'Malley's signage.

I guess I'll know next Saturday!

Thanks, everyone.

B

4 hours ago, bellebaby said:

If anyone on the Discovery April 20th sailing reads this, will you let us know if the Salty Dog Gastropub is now O'Malley's Irish Pub?

Thanks!!!!

B

Shared on another Social Media site by someone currently onboard Discovery. 

O'malley's.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Auntiejo said:

1 hour ago, bellebaby said:

Hmmm... I read it differently.  I thought the restaurant manager said the swaps (Sabatini's and The Catch) would happen within 10 days.

A subsequent post from last evening showed O'Malley's signage.

I guess I'll know next Saturday!

Thanks, everyone.

B

‘bellebaby’…you’re correct: swap between Sabatini’s & Catch were scheduled on 4/22 based on what restaurant staff said; the date of the change from Salty Dog to O’Malley’s Irish Pub was unknown to me.

Based on recent posts from Discovery the change from SDG to OIP is in progress & will also use the underutilized Gelato’s location. On the current Live from Majestic that change was thought to be happening during the ship’s Spring 2025 shipyard maintenance in Palermo, Sicily. Hopefully @LACruiser88 can confirm Majestic’s planned future changes while on his transpacific cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

‘bellebaby’…you’re correct: swap between Sabatini’s & Catch were scheduled on 4/22 based on what restaurant staff said; the date of the change from Salty Dog to O’Malley’s Irish Pub was unknown to me.

Based on recent posts from Discovery the change from SDG to OIP is in progress & will also use the underutilized Gelato’s location. On the current Live from Majestic that change was thought to be happening during the ship’s Spring 2025 shipyard maintenance in Palermo, Sicily. Hopefully @LACruiser88 can confirm Majestic’s planned future changes while on his transpacific cruise.

Ah you’re both right! I missed the restaurant part being current. Thank you.  This is great news! We loved O’Malleys so much on Enchanted! Happy to hear it will be on Discovery before we sail. 

• Like 2