Princess Cays’ new neighbor

Several of us have made the trek (or taken an excursion) a couple of miles south of Princess Cays to the southern tip of Eleuthera. It was once our favorite thing to do on a Princess Cays day. We knew that Disney was developing the property; below is a link to their marketing of Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point. I’ve also included some pics of how beautiful- and remote- the beaches on both sides of the southern tip of the island used to be. 

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/featured/lighthouse-point/

IMG_0100.jpeg

IMG_0101.jpeg

IMG_0102.jpeg

IMG_0103.jpeg

IMG_0104.jpeg

IMG_0105.jpeg

IMG_0100.jpeg

IMG_0107.jpeg

IMG_0108.jpeg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Oh no!  What a shame.  Your pictures are beautiful.  It “was” an unspoiled treasure, up until now.

Thanks for posting.  SMH

At one point, the area where Princess Cay is was also an "unspoiled treasure" as well.  

Many of the residents are thrilled about this as it will create a lot of jobs and bring revenue to the island as the island's economy is depressed for lack of better term according to friends who live in the Bahamas and spend time there. 

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

At one point, the area where Princess Cay is was also an "unspoiled treasure" as well.  

Many of the residents are thrilled about this as it will create a lot of jobs and bring revenue to the island as the island's economy is depressed for lack of better term according to friends who live in the Bahamas and spend time there. 

You are so right.  Why should we have it to ourselves when we visit Princess Cays?  Well, at least we did for many years.  Anyway, I’m happy it is helping their economy.  Thank you for pointing that out.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You are so right.  Why should we have it to ourselves when we visit Princess Cays?  Well, at least we did for many years.  Anyway, I’m happy it is helping their economy.  Thank you for pointing that out.

I'm glad we had it for as long as we did! 

• Like 2