CroisiEurope Canary Island Cruise

I am looking at a B2B on the CroisiEurope La Belle des Oceans ship.  It would combine their 8 day Magnificant Murdejar Art from the Andalusian Flatlands to Morocco's Imperial Cities cruise with their 8 day Cruise through the Canary Island Archipelago, eternal Springtime cruise for a total of 16 days.

I don't know anything at all about CroisiEurope except that most of their cruises are river boat cruises and these are not riverboats nor is this a riverboat cruise.  I can't find out anything at all about these specific cruises except that it is difficult to find any cruise that focuses on these areas.  The ships aree about 150 passengers which is a good size.

The price at about $500 per day is not bad.

One potential problem is that the company and the cruise sounds very French and we all know what the French people can be like.  Some people who have done river boat cruises with this company have said that almost everyone on the ship was French.

Has anyone out there done any trips with this company and especially trips on their non-riverboat ships.

DON

It's precisely that it IS a French company that I have booked one of their cruises!!
I have no idea what you meant by your comment 'we all know etc etc'. Our French neighbours and friends when we lived there were the most charming, helpful and likeable people I could hope to meet.

I wonder how my French friends would describe Americans?????

• Like 2

The problem is not the French people (honest😏), but the French language.

English is the world's second language and many fellow-passengers will have some grasp of English - perhaps even a grasp of American 😛, but if you don't speak French you'll find inter-action with them often stilted and wearing.

But in the Canaries you'll have the edge over them cos English is widely-spoken 🙂

JB 🙂

Edited by John Bull

6 hours ago, John Bull said:

The problem is not the French people (honest😏), but the French language.

English is the world's second language and many fellow-passengers will have some grasp of English - perhaps even a grasp of American 😛, but if you don't speak French you'll find inter-action with them often stilted and wearing.

But in the Canaries you'll have the edge over them cos English is widely-spoken 🙂

JB 🙂

I am glad that you said this as I did not want to and stir things up more.  I realize that the idea that many Americans have that everyone else in the world has to be able to speak to us in English is ridiculous and self centered.  However we definitely found that when we were clearly lost and had no idea of what or where to go next the people in France were definitely less helpful that people in other countries.  There were people who did help but many did not as compared with other countries we visited.  

DON