Grand Princess balcony

RTShaker

I will be going on  my first Princess cruise aboard the Grand. I have tried the search function to no avail so....

Can the balcony dividers be opened between cabins on his ship? Travelling with family and would like connected balconies if it is possible.

Yes in most cases. The opening is around two feet wide and allows passage between the balconies. Opening the divider does not provide a single large balcony. The Grand is a older ship. Over time the aluminum balcony hinges and latching structure ages making some balcony connecting doors difficult to operate and latch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The dividers can be opened unless at one of the fire walls. You can see on some of the deck plans 

I believe there is a fire wall on one side, but not between our cabins, so access between the two will be nice.

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Yes in most cases. The opening is around two feet wide and allows passage between the balconies. Opening the divider does not provide a single large balcony. The Grand is a older ship. Over time the aluminum balcony hinges and latching structure ages making some balcony connecting doors difficult to operate and latch. 

Thanks. I am aware that the opening will not be the full depth of the balcony, but it will allow a bit easier conversation between the two.

Just be aware that leaving the balcony door open between two balconies in rough waters can create some horrible banging throughout the day and night, even though it is latched open.  If that does happen, you may want to consider your surrounding neighbors.  I’m not saying not to keep them open, just something to consider.  
Of note, you can also have the front desk give your medallions access to open each other’s stateroom doors.  Happy cruising