Wait Listed

We booked a cruise oj HAL & requested early dining . We then get a message that we are wait listed . what does wait lisred actually mean to be able to get early dining ?  Being disabled with meals needed at certain times  wait listed does not mean any thing to us 

so can we get HAL to get us on early dining with medical needs ?

TIA

We are also Waitlisted for our cruise on the 2nd time dining slot.  Our PCC said it was because they were "full" for that time of dining but we likely will get it anyway closer to the sail date.

Sorry, don't know if medically necessary meal times will work.  I would suggest you call HAL and let them know of your specific medical needs.

• Like 1

Waitlisted usually means full and you are assigned anytime.

Not sure if pleading medical needs would work. After all you can show up at anytime when they open each day, get seated and eat at the same time as early dining.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scooter6139 said:

We are also Waitlisted for our cruise on the 2nd time dining slot.  Our PCC said it was because they were "full" for that time of dining but we likely will get it anyway closer to the sail date.

Sorry, don't know if medically necessary meal times will work.  I would suggest you call HAL and let them know of your specific medical needs.

We contacted the  shops services department  , Because we are in handicap cabins & being diabetic  they placed us in early dining on all 3 cruises , We have low salt & no sugar diets .We know that carbs elevate  A1C levels  . Actually knowledge of what to eat is 80% of the battle  .More vefies  & lower carbs . 

I also think that they know I have a electric scooter also  maked it better for the early dining slot 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, POA1 said:

If it's a medical issue, the Lido or room service can accommodate you just about any time they are open.

The Lido &  room service can not do  what the MDR does .The night before the ass't mitre 'd  gives us a menu & we select the next evening meal so that they can prepare it for us  to meet our medical needs 

32 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

We contacted the  shops services department  , Because we are in handicap cabins & being diabetic  they placed us in early dining on all 3 cruises , We have low salt & no sugar diets .We know that carbs elevate  A1C levels  . Actually knowledge of what to eat is 80% of the battle  .More vefies  & lower carbs . 

I also think that they know I have a electric scooter also  maked it better for the early dining slot 

I hear you, being Type 2 myself.  Pretty much doing a Keto diet now, as it has worked for me.  Our MDR waitstaff on our last Westerdam cruise helped us a lot in adding/mixing the different apps/soups/entrees to make sure I got what I wanted and what I needed.  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

The Lido &  room service can not do  what the MDR does .The night before the ass't mitre 'd  gives us a menu & we select the next evening meal so that they can prepare it for us  to meet our medical needs 

If you don’t get fixed dining assigned prior to boarding you can go to the maitre ‘d onboard and ask to be assigned to a specific table at a specific time  for the length of the cruise.   You will be assigned to a table in the open dining level of the MDR.  No problem.

Edited by oaktreerb
  • Like 1