Horizon 8-day ABC - latest embarkation time? likely disembarkation time?

JPALJ

Hi, all. First-time poster, newbie (4x) cruiser, planning our first cruise post-CV.  We're doing the 8-day ABC on Horizon and are flying in from all over -- just wondering (1) what is the latest you recommend we get in line if the posted departure is 4:00 p.m. (I know there are appointments but just trying to figure out if we miss that when's the latest we should get in line) and (2) what time (range) are we likely to get off the boat upon return? We are not FTTF and we are not light-luggage; just trying to figure out likely departure time from the cruise terminal to have breakfast in South Beach. Thanks!

If you want to check your luggage - as per CCL - you have to do it 2 hours before your posted departure time - so 2 p.m.  Otherwise you will have to carry your own luggage on the ship.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2621/~/embarkation-and-departure

I would suggest getting on earlier so you can do muster, enjoy lunch, and explore the ship.

Arrival time back in Miami is early - we have been in as early as 5 a.m., but I would say 6 a.m. is more like it.  They have started calling self-debark at around 7ish, with checked luggage around 8 -8:30.  Again - this is all dependent on weather, medical emergencies, customs clearance for the ship, etc.  All unpredictable.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Welcome @JPALJ. You'll have a Final Boarding time printed on your Boarding Pass when you check-in 2 weeks before the cruise. That time is a HARD deadline. The doors to the terminal will be thereafter locked and will not re-open. Think of it like the airline door closing. Miss it and you won't cruise. I'm guessing that will be about an hour (maybe 90 minutes?) prior to the scheduled departure time. Others who like arriving late will know better. Most folks will already be onboard if you arrive at the terminal by 1:30pm, I'd guess. And as mentioned, by 2pm porters are no longer available. Don't push it.

If your underlying question is more about flight delays and folks are arriving from numerous places across the country, please do fly the night before and pay the price for a modest hotel. In contrast, don't let anyone in your group consider some form of connecting flight the morning of the cruise that lands at MIA or FLL at noon thinking they have time! I promise, someone in your large group will be delayed and left on the pier.

As to disembarkation. you likely be off the ship by 9a, even with checked luggage. By 10a the last of the passengers will be politely told to leave.

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

When I've had late flights out of MIA and been able to stay on the ship longer, typically last and final call to disembark is around 9:30, 9:35. Boarding for the next cruise often starts around 10:30.

Disembarkation typically begins around 7AM so you can choose to leave the ship any time in that window depending on the disembarkation zone you select. You'll get information about that onboard.

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 2