Bar code trick info?

Sailing on ovation in a few weeks.  We booked a gty.  Used the barcode trick to see the room numbers.  I don't remember seeing the deck number on the sail pass.  So my pass says 7 gty and 6 gty.  I know the rest because of the bar code.  Is that normal?  I am hoping this means the rooms will be assigned soon.  

37 minutes ago, miyanc said:

Is that normal?

The two scenarios reported are it’s either - GTY or <cabin number > after the booking number once barcode is decoded. Anything else I suppose is abnormal. 

1 hour ago, miyanc said:

Sailing on ovation in a few weeks.  We booked a gty.  Used the barcode trick to see the room numbers.  I don't remember seeing the deck number on the sail pass.  So my pass says 7 gty and 6 gty.  I know the rest because of the bar code.  Is that normal?  I am hoping this means the rooms will be assigned soon.  

The cabin number would be the last set of numbers, once you scan barcode. Did you scan and get numbers at all? Also, sometimes try downloading a different barcode reader.

Posted (edited)

Do you mean the deck numbers are on your set sail passes though you did not notice them previously?

If so….Muster station and deck number often appear on the set sail pass when when a cabin number is discoverable by barcode trick.  I don’t think it suggests your official assignment is or is not imminent.  OTOH, with each passing day  your cruise gets closer and so surely you official assignment does too.  

You sail in a few weeks?  Still more than 30 days?

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

I booked an OVB GTY for Navigator only a couple weeks ago for the 5/6 sailing.  I saw a CC thread about a week ago about the bar code trick and cabin assignment using Apple Wallet.  I tried it and it worked!  Great tip. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tina99 said:

I booked an OVB GTY for Navigator only a couple weeks ago for the 5/6 sailing.  I saw a CC thread about a week ago about the bar code trick and cabin assignment using Apple Wallet.  I tried it and it worked!  Great tip. 

Can you post a link to the thread?

Several times when the barcode trick worked, my official cabin assignments came right at the 30 day mark.  Not every time, mind you. I see from roll call posting the OP is >30 days from sailing, so based on my experiences would not be shocked if that assignment appears on day 30.

7 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Do you mean the deck numbers are on your set sail passes though you did not notice them previously?

If so….Muster station and deck number often appear on the set sail pass when when a cabin number is discoverable by barcode trick.  I don’t think it suggests your official assignment is or is not imminent.  OTOH, with each passing day  your cruise gets closer and so surely you official assignment does too.  

You sail in a few weeks?  Still more than 30 days?

This.

Yes 43 or so days. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, klfhngr said:

Does this work for RoyalUp?

No. That cabin assignment comes the day you win - no other early (1-2 days out) indication other than perhaps your non-winning bids set to "Expired" status while the likely winning bid set to "Pending".

Edited by Biker19

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Tina99 said:

How can you see the set sail pass until you do checkin at 30 days out?? 

doh. My bad you mean May 6th and I saw it as 5th June! 

Edited by little britain