Alcohol Package - Quick Question

Hi.

I just found out in another thread where I'm asking about Dining Packages that they do limit and sell out.

Has this ever happened with the Alcohol Package that it sells out.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, js said:

Hi.

I just found out in another thread where I'm asking about Dining Packages that they do limit and sell out.

Thank you.

I've not seen that happen before. Been on a few dozen cruises and they are always still pushing the drink packages on day 1 or 2.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, js said:

Hi.

Thank you.

No.

There is a huge difference between the 2 packages.  The specialty restaurants have a finite amount of seating, you can't just keep selling packages as eventually run out of space to accommodate everyone.  You do not have that issue with the drink package.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

As Ken suggests, they will sell out of the beverage packages only when 100% of the legal age passengers purchase it.  And they would love that as this is a huge profit center for them!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Harrisonkid said:

I agree to NO...ive never heard of them limiting those packages 

Don't see how they could as long as there are passengers available and willing to pay.  The bars are stocked the same, beverage packages or not.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

No limits but not sure how pricing may be affected if you wait longer.  If more people buy the discounts may be less.  On the other hand if not many are buying you may be able to get a nice discount.

21 minutes ago, akcruz said:

No limits but not sure how pricing may be affected if you wait longer.  If more people buy the discounts may be less.  On the other hand if not many are buying you may be able to get a nice discount.

And as mentioned many times on a number of threads, if the price looks attractive now, then purchase it as if it should decrease later, you have up until 3 days prior to the cruise to cancel and repurchase at the lower price without penalty.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 1:40 PM, js said:

Hi.

Thank you.

No!

On 4/19/2024 at 12:40 PM, js said:

Hi.

Thank you.

Never. 

Posted (edited)

Thank you all again for the reassurance.

The issue for me is that I have $650 in OBC. It will be just my dh and me, we are seasoned cruisers and do not want to use it for spa or gifts, etc. I will purchase the 3-day or unlimited dining now since they will sell out possibility but I will wait until my OBC hits from Bank of American RCCL card, which is about 2-3 weeks prior to sailing and then purchase.

It will kill me when I see it lower during the year and on Black Friday, but if I purchase, I do not know what I would use the OBC for once onboard.

I appreciate you all taking the time to answer.

Edited by js