Princess Accessible Cabin Doors

Do Princess Accessible cabin doors have automatic door openers?  I travel with my mobility scooter which is difficult without an automatic opener.  The You Tube videos I’ve seen on various Princess ships all have been opened manually.

I’ve sent an inquiry to Princess Access office; they have not responded.  I’m booked on the newest Sun Princess.

You might post this inquiry also on the Princess board.    ie, "anyone currently on, or soon to be on,  the Sun Princess in an accessible stateroom  who can let me know about whether there are automatic doors?"    Let them know what kind of stateroom you will be in because sometimes the fancier ones have amenities the others don't have.

Can't speak to what is on the Sun but I've been on half a dozen different Princess ships in accessible cabins and none had automatic door openers.  My roommate and I grew quite adept at using the small table in the cabin to prop the door open enough to get in and out (I use my cane to push the table back into the cabin so the door can close).  Sometimes you can get lucky and ask the steward for one of those hard rubber things to keep the door open but that doesn't help with opening the door in the first place. I've had great luck using my cane to push the door open after swiping my card to open the door (and yes, I use a mobility scooter). Woule to see an automatic door opener.

Thanks for the input; sounds like no automatic openers on Sun.  Had same situation on an MSC ship; learned to pull door open to back out and then open door a crack to push in.  Not ideal but workable. Don’t understand why a new ship would not install openers; the new Carnival ships have them. Love Mardi Gras.

Unfortunately, none of the Princess ships have the automatic openers. One of my biggest disappointments on the new Sun Princess.  We will be sailing on the Sun next year but after that we may have to take our vacation dollars elsewhere.  I love Princess but the fact that they didn’t add them on the newest and grandest of their fleet makes me rethink my loyalty to them.  My husband cannot get out of our cabin by himself.  He can make do getting in, but it’s difficult.  But there is no way on his scooter, he can open the door, pull it back and maneuver his scooter to get out.  This seems like such an easy fix and the fact that other cruise lines have it just makes me ready to go elsewhere.