Really basic questions about steps to take after PIF

I've sailed before, but not with Celebrity.  

Is there a FAQ somewhere that goes step-by-step on how and when to do the check-in, get luggage tags and the like for our upcoming cruise?  Or can someone share a few of the basics here?  I just realized that I have no idea what I need to do online next after booking the cruise and paying for it.  

Thanks in advance.

Posted (edited)

Your check in date should be showing on the app and the website - it is usually around 45 days out. Your curse documents and luggage tags appear on the website at 30 days. Updated menus and activity schedules are on the app one to two weeks out.

You do not need to reserve any shows on Celebrity.

Edited by NanaPam00
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, MMMCruiser said:

I've sailed before, but not with Celebrity.  

Is there a FAQ somewhere that goes step-by-step on how and when to do the check-in, get luggage tags and the like for our upcoming cruise?  Or can someone share a few of the basics here?  I just realized that I have no idea what I need to do online next after booking the cruise and paying for it.  

Thanks in advance.

When is your cruise? 

Download the Celebrity app. Create an account on Celebrity's website. Approximately 60 days prior to your cruise date your Xpress will be available to print. Approximately 45 days prior to your sail date you can select a check in time. This not a boarding time. Approximately 30 days prior to your sail date your luggage tags will be available to print.  

Edited by doghog

47 minutes ago, NanaPam00 said:

Your check in date should be showing on the app and the website - it is usually around 45 days out. Your curse documents and luggage tags appear on the website at 30 days. Updated menus and activity schedules are on the app one to two weeks out.

You do not need to reserve any shows on Celebrity.

Thank you so much.  I see it now.  I really appreciate your help.  

42 minutes ago, doghog said:

When is your cruise? 

Download the Celebrity app. Create an account on Celebrity's website. Approximately 60 days prior to your cruise date your Xpress will be available to print. Approximately 45 days prior to your sail date you can select a check in time. This not a boarding time. Approximately 30 days prior to your sail date your luggage tags will be available to print.  

The express pass will be available at the 45 day mark when you do the check in. The boarding time is the same as the wellness time. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, doghog said:

When is your cruise? 

Thank you.  Leaving around 90 days from now, so it looks like when have time, booked in the Retreat so not sure about the check in time for that cabin, but I will log in and check.  I appreciate your advice. 

Just now, CHEZMARYLOU said:

The express pass will be available at the 45 day mark when you do the check in. The boarding time is the same as the wellness time. 

Thank you.  Is the wellness time a wellness check?

1 minute ago, MMMCruiser said:

Thank you.  Leaving around 90 days from now, so it looks like when have time, booked in the Retreat so not sure about the check in time for that cabin, but I will log in and check.  I appreciate your advice. 

Check in time for retreat  is the same as other classes. However, you can board at anytime once boarding begins. For example if you have a 2pm boarding time you can ignore it and arrive at 11am.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MMMCruiser said:

Thank you.  Is the wellness time a wellness check?

No, it is just  some questions you answer yes or no on the app. It is the same as the boarding time which you can pretty much ignore. 

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Check in time for retreat  is the same as other classes. However, you can board at anytime once boarding begins. For example if you have a 2pm boarding time you can ignore it and arrive at 11am.

Sorry for the basic questions - what is check in time if it's not boarding time?  Is it the time we can arrive at the port?  If I get a later time can I still arrive earlier?  Boarding is in Southampton if that makes a difference.  I'd like to board as early as possible so I can get my bearings and check out the ship.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, MMMCruiser said:

what is check in time if it's not boarding time? 

It really has nothing to do with boarding---it's a show up time.  Since you're in The Retreat, it doesn't matter anyway.  You can arrive and check in when you want, then actually board when they begin the process.

Edited by jwlane
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, jwlane said:

It really has nothing to do with boarding---it's a show up time.  Since you're in The Retreat, it doesn't matter anyway.  You can arrive and check in when you want, then actually board when they begin the process.

Ah ok.  Thank you.  That really helps.  

10 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

PIF - Assuming it means Paid In Full, I learned a new TLA today.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark_K said:

PIF - Assuming it means Paid In Full, I learned a new TLA today.

Thank you. One of my pet peeves is when people make up their own acronyms. You saved me having to ask. 

• Haha 1