Seabourn Quest - Onboard Credit Complaint

We have sailed Seabourn Quest from the 4th until the14th this month and experiencend some trouble with our final statement. Our Booking was confirmed with an OBC of 1000 USD in total for both of us. As we received our prelimanary statements two days before the end of the cruise, the OBC wasn´t shown. So we complained at seabourn square and it took half day, to get the OBC (again) confirmed. Then, the final statement looked great, everything was set.

Two days later back home, my wife checked her credit card account and figured out, that Seabourn charged us every day(!) the amount we spent this day on board. So we are now talking about 1000 USD missing.

Does anyone else has this or similar matter? Any idea how to solve this? Does anyone have an other contact except guestrelations@seabourn.com? That would highly appreciate!

We wrote an email to guestrelations@seabourn.com but until today, all we received was an automatic response.

We´ve done several cruises with different lines also with seabourn in the past but never experienced, that a cruise line charged you every day. Only at the end with the total amount that was shown on the final statement.

Errors can happen but this is far from acceptable.

All the Best,

André Germany

Andre,

We were on the same cruise and had the same problem, but we sorted it the second day of the cruise.

Seabourn Square said they had a Computer glitz and many on board had not had their OBC put on to their account.

What annoyed me was the fact that they said they needed proof or paperwork to say about the OBC. I showed them the papers which gave the amount but they still said they could not do anything till Seattle confirmed this.

This another thing that Seabourn seems to be getting wrong.

We were also on the same cruise and had the same issue. I always check my account early in the cruise to ensure my onboard credit is showing, and it was missing. Seabourn Sqaure also demanded proof which I luckily had. A few days later the OBC appeared. No explanation and no apology!

As to daily charging to the credit card, I have never experienced this, and I am staggered that SB do this without notification, which is probably in breach of the credit card conditions. If you get no response from SB to your complaint,  claim from your Credit Card for a "chargeback", if that is available in Germany.

Similar happened to us in November, we had $1000 per suite OBC applied but the terms of the offer we had were $1000 per person. I noticed it on the first day.  Seabourn Square rep demanded proof which I was able to email to them from cloud storage accessed through my phone.  Next time I will print it out.  It showed up the next morning correctly.  

I would call them during their regular work hours rather than emailing them.

Posted (edited)

You can check your final account from the cruise on the Seabourn Source App or your online account to confirm the final figure that should have been charged. I think SB put a temporary hold on your credit card each day of the cruise to cover the amount spent that day but this should clear after a while once the final payment (if any) is made so it might be worth checking with your credit card supplier? 

Edited by Captain Gee

8 hours ago, highplanesdrifters said:

I always check as soon as we board to make sure the OBC is there. Sometimes takes a bit to sort out. The accounting system is just as good as their website.

I do the same and take a copy of my invoice after final payment which lists all my OBC. This means there is no question what is due. My Virtuoso credit isn't usually applied till I'm onboard. Last cruise was the first time it wasn't there but it was a glitch sorted out in a few days. 

As we are usually on for a few days we also check the source account every few days but that's just us. They have an unusual accounting method so sometimes we need to get clarity at Seabourn Square, ie they would debit us for the laundry but since we get included laundry they then credit it back.

I am not clear what is meant by the charging for every day of the cruise means?

• Like 1