Park 19 on the Sun Princess

7 hours ago, suzyed said:

IF any are available!  Our last cruise on the Enchanted was a B2B and those who were on the first part (we weren't) had the Sanctuary booked up by the time we got on at about 11:45.....there were 2 afternoon spots available with a less than stellar location but we wanted to try it for the first time so we took those 2 spots.

It really only works for Grand class ships with the bigger Sanctuary. Royal class ships are usually sold out for the back to back passengers before we even get on the ship. 

On 7/31/2024 at 4:36 PM, jennybenny said:

I understand what you are saying, but I have not heard of anyone getting any compensation for it not being available. I could see some people complaining, and maybe getting something, but personally I don't have the kind of negative energy to do that. 

If they gave everyone $25 credit for it not being available, what would do to the bottom line?  Some people would be happy because they hadn't planned on using it anyway, but then those that were relying on it would want FAR MORE. There is no making anyone happy and I don't see Princess doing anything compensation wise. 

I agree. Frustrating - yes, legal right to compensation - I don’t think so (not a lawyer but I’m guessing big corporations have lawyers that make sure they’re not on the hook for that kinda thing). There’s no guarantee that certain parts will be open, Princess has providing almost zip communication, certainly nothing on proposed opening dates. We were hoping it would be open for our current cruise but nothing indicated it would be months ago (in fact all signs pointed to it not being open), well within the window we could cancel without penalty. It was our choice to sail anyway, as it is all of those that booked & didn’t cancel. 

side note: last week seemed much quieter on the ship than this week, definitely way more kids this week & more passengers overall. Made it quite clear that the lineups would’ve been VERY long for park 19 so might not be the nonstop bliss many think it would be. It looks like it would be fun but you’d definitely wait longer in line than the course would take you to do, by far. 

On 7/31/2024 at 7:18 AM, Pixelskaya said:

2 pools in Lido + 1 in Wake View Terrace = 3 pools for all 

Ok,,,,,4 pools then if youre separating the lido pools.

It was advertised as having 4 pools for everyone to use

We are booked on the 12/21/24 Christmas cruise. This is a family trip with 11 people total. We have 5 cabins and specifically booked this for the 5 grandchildren ages 6-10 to enjoy Park 19. We hear Princess has officially said the RollGlider,Coastal Climb and Ropes Course will not open. Is there anything left in Park 19 that is open? And should we look for another cruise? 

Grandchildren will love that Park 19 has been replaced with a big dunking booth where grandparents will compete with stories about how hard life was when they were children, how awful if is to pay seventy-three cents to mail a letter, and what a burden it is to have to pay Medicare premiums (while dropping $10k+ on a vacation).  The last child still awake gets to pull the lever to drop the grandparents into the pool.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ArizonaStorm said:

Grandchildren will love that Park 19 has been replaced with a big dunking booth where grandparents will compete with stories about how hard life was when they were children, how awful if is to pay seventy-three cents to mail a letter, and what a burden it is to have to pay Medicare premiums (while dropping $10k+ on a vacation).  The last child still awake gets to pull the lever to drop the grandparents into the pool.

It costs 73 cents for a stamp!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I wouldn’t know, I bought forever stamps about 10 years ago and they’ll probably last until I die, along with the last box of checks still kicking around.

ETA: And I’m not even 60 yet lol

Edited by vjmatty
ETA

I’m still amazed that people booked a cruise specifically for a glider ride that lasts about 2 minutes and now consider their cruise ruined. I am SO excited that this will never be operational. 

But we all cruise for different reasons which makes cruising so awesome. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I’m still amazed that people booked a cruise specifically for a glider ride that lasts about 2 minutes and now consider their cruise ruined. I am SO excited that this will never be operational. 

I don’t understand the schadenfreude. Surely it would not have harmed you for others to enjoy something on a deck you'd never have visited anyway?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

We booked the Sun specifically because it had Park 19.

Not because we thought it would provide lasting entertainment, but because it was a fun thing for our kids to experience in addition to everything else.

We're still excited to experience the Sun Princess and will share how great it is for families on our YouTube channel and Facebook so even more families experience just how great Princess is!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vjmatty said:

I don’t understand the schadenfreude. Surely it would not have harmed you for others to enjoy something on a deck you'd never have visited anyway?

If I'm not mistaken the ride was adjacent to the sanctuary and if boisterous kids were riding it, it could possibly disturb the serenity of the sanctuary.  Just throwing darts....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We also booked because we thought it might be a cute thing for our grandchildren to experience.

I just hope that the kid's clubs, which they've LOVED on other Princess ships have improved since the dismal reports I read about earlier.

If those aren't fun that really would impact the cruise!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

That's why most people don't use the mail any longer. 😉

7 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

If I'm not mistaken the ride was adjacent to the sanctuary and if boisterous kids were riding it, it could possibly disturb the serenity of the sanctuary.  Just throwing darts....

In looking at the photos and deck plans, a small section of the ride track borders the very far end of the Sanctuary. The wind probably makes more noise, if not muffling the sound of laughing children. 

11 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Because I prided Princess on not having go carts or rock climbing walls or zip lines. And yes, the placement next to The Sanctuary was awful. It was bad enough when they were testing it during our cruise and there were no screaming kids on it. 

2 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

The fact that people based their enjoyment of their ENTIRE cruise on this one thing baffles me. 

We are set to sail on the Star with 3 younger kids, so yes, Park 19 was a big selling point for us. I expect an announcement of something family / multi-generationally friendly for the space or we might cancel. We have many other cruise options and are only considering Princess because of their stated commitment to multi-generational cruising. So if they don't announce something interesting for this space, we'll probably go to another cruise line.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

In looking at the photos and deck plans, a small section of the ride track borders the very far end of the Sanctuary. The wind probably makes more noise, if not muffling the sound of laughing children. 

It was noisy on testing.

Anyone in the Sanctuary would hear kids and families up there screaming no problem.

18 hours ago, ja940 said:

We are booked on the 12/21/24 Christmas cruise. This is a family trip with 11 people total. We have 5 cabins and specifically booked this for the 5 grandchildren ages 6-10 to enjoy Park 19. We hear Princess has officially said the RollGlider,Coastal Climb and Ropes Course will not open. Is there anything left in Park 19 that is open? And should we look for another cruise? 

Non of the good bits are open.

There's some hammocks....and a netted area with some toys.

But it's so windy up there it's not that great to be honest.

My 3 didn't enjoy the kids club in here but have loved it on other Princess cruises 

1 hour ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

Mind sharing any you've seen do that? 

I haven't seen any. 

multiple people.  In fact the post just after your post is considering cancelling due to no Park 19.  There are several Park 19 threads and each have a few people who booked because of Park 19.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Mara4166 said:

multiple people.  In fact the post just after your post is considering cancelling due to no Park 19.  There are several Park 19 threads and each have a few people who booked because of Park 19.

Yeah, I saw that post after mine. 

Park 19 was what led to us booking this cruise but it would be silly to think it will be the only thing for kids to do on the cruise or that it would have entertained them for more than a few hours on a 7-day sailing... But I guess for some people that's a make or break activity. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

Yeah, I saw that post after mine. 

Park 19 was what led to us booking this cruise but it would be silly to think it will be the only thing for kids to do on the cruise or that it would have entertained them for more than a few hours on a 7-day sailing... But I guess for some people that's a make or break activity. 

My kids just need *something* to break up the day. They love pool time, but they're going to get bored if their only activities are the kids club and the pools.

Just now, peder said:

My kids just need *something* to break up the day. They love pool time, but they're going to get bored if their only activities are the kids club and the pools.

If the kids clubs + pools, shows, trivia, and anything else you bring with you (i.e. board games) aren't enough to keep them happy, I doubt Park 19 would have made a significant difference as it's not something that would have occupied them for more than a few hours over the course of the week. 

This will be our first sailing on Princess, but my kids had a great time on Celebrity which also didn't have any slides or similar activities, but you know your kids best as to what will make them happy. 

Princess probably wasn't a great selection irrespective of Park 19 if you think they'll be bored.

1 hour ago, peder said:

We are set to sail on the Star with 3 younger kids, so yes, Park 19 was a big selling point for us. I expect an announcement of something family / multi-generationally friendly for the space or we might cancel. We have many other cruise options and are only considering Princess because of their stated commitment to multi-generational cruising. So if they don't announce something interesting for this space, we'll probably go to another cruise line.

They are not going to announce something for that space. They have cancelled Park 19. I suggest you find another cruise.