Transportation from Cruise Port to FLL

Hello happy cruisers!

My family is cruising out of Fort Lauderdale in Feb 25’ on Liberty of the Seas and need some advice. What is the best way to get from the cruise port back to FLL? I have a 2 year old and a 6 year old. Uber/Lyft aren’t an option as we won’t have car seats. Thanks for any help you can provide!

6 hours ago, singlemalt86 said:

What is the best way to get from the cruise port back to FLL? I have a 2 year old and a 6 year old.

Welcome to CC and coming out of lurk mode.

You'll probably need to ask one of the shuttle services if they provide car seats. Also, ask in the Florida departure section of CC.

• Thanks 1

There are now some UBER/LYFT drivers that offer car seats.

It may take a few pokes around to see if they have two.  You can reserve rides ahead of time.

What are you using for the plane ride?

My daughters use CARES - Child Aviation Restraint System - for their 3 and 5 year olds.

You could possibly use that for the car ride.

12 hours ago, singlemalt86 said:

Hello happy cruisers!

My family is cruising out of Fort Lauderdale in Feb 25’ on Liberty of the Seas and need some advice. What is the best way to get from the cruise port back to FLL? I have a 2 year old and a 6 year old. Uber/Lyft aren’t an option as we won’t have car seats. Thanks for any help you can provide!

How are you getting TO the cruise port on the front end?  Whatever you're doing, is that not an option on the back end?

Just now, waterbug123 said:

How are you getting TO the cruise port on the front end?  Whatever you're doing, is that not an option on the back end?

We are staying at the Crown Plaza the night before, and they have a shuttle to the cruise port.

1 minute ago, singlemalt86 said:

We are staying at the Crown Plaza the night before, and they have a shuttle to the cruise port.

I'd probably book a Celebrity shuttle from port to airport then.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arubamoose said:

There are now some UBER/LYFT drivers that offer car seats.

It may take a few pokes around to see if they have two.  You can reserve rides ahead of time.

What are you using for the plane ride?

My daughters use CARES - Child Aviation Restraint System - for their 3 and 5 year olds.

You could possibly use that for the car ride.

I'll have to look into that. We don't use any restraint devices on airplanes outside of standard seatbelts so we won't have anything with us.