Reserve collection - some questions

LindsayC

We are 2 couples and we are both booked in a reserve collection mini suite. Caribbean cruise in October on the Sapphire Princess.

One of the perks is priority specialty dining reservations. How does this work? Can we wait until we are on board to book our specialty restaurants? Or is it better to book them in advance? 

The complimentary bottle of wine, can you choose the wine (red-white)?

Evening canapés upon request? To whom do you make the request, your room steward? And do you need to do this every day?

Any other things we need to know about this 'reserve collection' (beside the reserve dining)?

Thank you!

Lindsay

The bottle of wine will be in your cabin when you board.  Ours has always been a red -Merlot, Cabernet, etc.  I've never tried to exchange it.  (I bring my own bottle just in case I don't like what is in the room.) Your cabin attendant may be able to exchange it.  There will be a card in your cabin showing the canapes that are available.  If you want them, fill out the card and leave it for your attendant. I've never seen anything on the list that I find appealing.

Enjoy your cruise.

23 hours ago, Lady Meer said:

Our room steward changed the wine.

Agree with Cajuntraveler about the canapes! 

The worst list of canapés in the industry by a mile and they never change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

The worst list of canapés in the industry by a mile and they never change.

They have changed.  I can't say change as in an improvement.  Still won't eat the canapés.  Pretty to look at, but sketchy at best.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

They have changed.  I can't say change as in an improvement.  Still won't eat the canapés.  Pretty to look at, but sketchy at best.

I just departed my cruise on Saturday, so my assessment must be on the new ones.  Never cared for the previous ones, either.   Did not negatively affect my cruise as I had plenty of great food.

• Like 1