Steak Master Class - Buyer Beware!!!

Hello All, just off the Beyond this morning. We did this class as well it was the 1st tour on our ship. We had a wonderful experience. If you want to do it, sign up and experience it for yourself. We all cooked our own steaks, we even got to select which one you wanted to prepare based on your own likes and home experience. Our Chef Marco ( I think that was his name) was awesome and very informative. They asked repeatedly before and after for our feedback so they could shape the class and make it valuable and enjoyable for future attendees . Again my husband and I both enjoyed it, learned a lot, got good tips and had a great lunch that we prepared. Another side note, our class was held in Eden, awesome venue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Waterluv said:

Hello All, just off the Beyond this morning. We did this class as well it was the 1st tour on our ship. We had a wonderful experience. If you want to do it, sign up and experience it for yourself. We all cooked our own steaks, we even got to select which one you wanted to prepare based on your own likes and home experience. Our Chef Marco ( I think that was his name) was awesome and very informative. They asked repeatedly before and after for our feedback so they could shape the class and make it valuable and enjoyable for future attendees . Again my husband and I both enjoyed it, learned a lot, got good tips and had a great lunch that we prepared. Another side note, our class was held in Eden, awesome venue.

Your class is what ours was described as.  I would have loved that.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Waterluv said:

I assume there were individual burners (induction?) set-up? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I assume there were individual burners (induction?) set-up? 

That is correct, there were 8 in our class and we each had our own little section around a large hibachi type set up

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Waterluv said:

That is correct, there were 8 in our class and we each had our own little section around a large hibachi type set up

That makes more sense as there's less liability than having passengers grill a steak at the same grills at the Lawn Club Grill.

Also was in the steak class on Beyond.  Obviously the presentation was still being refined as the primary presenter ( a senior chef ) was referring to notes on a yellow legal pad.  However, the information was good and each of the eight of us did prepare (and eat) our own steak.  The presenter and one other chef were working with the eight attendees and we each got a lot of personal attention.  I felt it was very much worth the cost. Obviously YMMV....  

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2024 at 11:27 AM, FlyingCruiser2 said:

Update……

Looks like they posted a refund for all of us of 50% of the charge for the class.  This wasn’t asked for or even expected, to be honest.  

Hopefully they’ll change the description in the future.  

Have to give them kudos on how it was handled now.

I wish you had asked why they changed the venue.  I'm curious about that.

Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2024 at 2:37 PM, ZapRowsdower said:

It seems like they know that what they delivered is not what they advertised. Perhaps it was first-day issues that will get resolved in the future. I had been looking at this activity as well as the mixology class for my sea day on Reflection in July. Looking forward to see what Kteacher has to say about that class in her thread.

My husband and I used extra OBC  precruise to book the Mixology class for $29.99pp + 20% gratuity. We very much enjoyed it. Class was held at World Class Bar aboard Eclipse at about 3pm on a sea day and lasted about 90 minutes.  See photo/menu showing the 3 cocktail recipes we made and enjoyed.

As I recall, there were about 8 of us sitting at the bar. Bartender was engaging and entertaining.

Since the lowest price cocktail at that bar was $17, we felt it to be a good value.

Jane

IMG_9352.jpeg

IMG_0393.png

Edited by JaneStarr
Typos
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

I wish you had asked why they changed the venue.  I'm curious about that.

This was the first time it was done on the Reflection.  The Excursion Manager was with us and seemed surprised when we told him what the description was - and that it specifically mentioned appropriate dress and shoes as we would be in non-public crew areas.   

1 hour ago, FlyingCruiser2 said:

This was the first time it was done on the Reflection.  The Excursion Manager was with us and seemed surprised when we told him what the description was - and that it specifically mentioned appropriate dress and shoes as we would be in non-public crew areas.   

That is why I am a huge print out fan. LOL