Is there any benefit to book future cruises on aboard besides the $100 deposit OBC?

ccheng6401

5 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

I didn't know it was automatic either as a booking I made on board went to a TA I'm not really using anymore but was when the cruise I was on was booked in early 2023.

They will default to the TA on record for the current voyage.  Guest needs to advise the on board agent not to use that TA or to designate a different one.  @ccheng6401, Princess knows the TA for each booking.

6 hours ago, FancyPants21 said:

Clearly you are having a bit of a typing nightmare so this is not a criticism of that but I did want to clarify for others... you mean FCD, Future Cruise Deposit... not FDC.

Thank you for the correction. No wonder I felt something was wrong. Not a good idea to eat and type at the same time. 🙂 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ccheng6401 said:

Thank you for the correction. No wonder I felt something was wrong. Not a good idea to eat and type at the same time. 🙂 

LOL! Sorry to mention that but I just wanted to clarify what it was so newcomers understood. BTW I have serious trouble with autocorrect so I know what you mean! 🙂 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Sure, but aren't those the same ones on Princess.com under Last Minute Cruise Deals?

No, the on board booking promotion is an EXTRA discount from the fare shown on Princess.com. So if one of the promo fares is also on a drop and go rate sailing and is discounted, the fare is further reduced 25-50%. 

I think people get confused when they see on the Princess website a promo advertising up to 50% off and think the on board booking promo is the same. If a sailing is on the on board list, whatever the Princess.com fare is, it will be further reduced by 25-50%. Before November 2023, all sailings on the list were 50% off, now it varies.

These on board promos take the Princess.com rate and reduce it further which is why I try and take advantage if one of the sailings fits my schedule.

Previously, there were some sailings with a small solo supplement showing on Princess.com that were on the 50% off on board promo list, so a solo traveler would not pay the usual 200% fare but only 50%.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 11:46 AM, doghog said:

30 days from the booking date is the window to transfer to a TA.

Princess told me it was 90 days a few months ago. (I tried at 97 days and was Denied!) It was via email if people want to see it in writing.

• Like 1