A positive outcome from Celebrity cruise consultant

di T

Just want to say I am a happy bunny today😊

called Celebrity today I had a few things to ask about. Call was answered in 5 minutes lovely guy! I had noticed my husbands captains club number wasn’t on my confirmation for a back to back I recently booked while on the ship, also the price had gone down on the 2nd leg.Wanted to ask if the b2b discount had been applied as well.Howard who answered my call, took care of all my queries.This is in the UK and in less than 10 minutes I saved £400 and added hubbys club number to the invoice he sent a new confirmation right away.Well done Howard lovely polite guy.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, di T said:

Just want to say I am a happy bunny today😊

called Celebrity today I had a few things to ask about. Call was answered in 5 minutes lovely guy! I had noticed my husbands captains club number wasn’t on my confirmation for a back to back I recently booked while on the ship, also the price had gone down on the 2nd leg.Wanted to ask if the b2b discount had been applied as well.Howard who answered my call, took care of all my queries.This is in the UK and in less than 10 minutes I saved £400 and added hubbys club number to the invoice he sent a new confirmation right away.Well done Howard lovely polite guy.

Great to hear that you got the lower price as they were refusing to honour the price drops 👍

1 hour ago, villauk said:

Great to hear that you got the lower price as they were refusing to honour the price drops 👍

Was pleasantly surprised! We don’t always get them over here do we? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We’ve usually experienced long waits on the phone with Celebrity and even longer waits for responses to emails. Price drops are impossible to secure with NRD. 

By comparison we’ve had to contact Princess twice in the past few weeks and on each occasion we were connected to a consultant within a few rings. Our changes were handled quickly and smoothly including a price drop of $4000. 

Edited by Boatharbour
Error
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, di T said:

Was pleasantly surprised! We don’t always get them over here do we? 

No I had to cancel and rebook with a loss of our deposit when the price dropped substantially. 

1 hour ago, barneyboy said:

No I had to cancel and rebook with a loss of our deposit when the price dropped substantially. 

Did you book through a travel agent? 

5 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

No direct with Celebrity. We did rebook through a TA as we got a better deal. 

5 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

No direct with Celebrity. We did rebook through a TA as we got a better deal. 

I booked direct this time.Though have used travel agents in the past, the 2nd cruise had a much bigger price drop.They let me keep the same cabin but I lost $100 obc which was a promotion when I booked. But the price drop was £400 so a no brainier.First cruise only went down about £80 so I just left it as it was with the $100 obc. The young man I spoke to was very helpful.Dianne

• Like 1

The one time I wanted to get the price drop, they said I would have to cancel and rebook.  We would lose the deposit and OBC that came with our original offer, so wasn’t worth it.