Never done a Cunard cruise....Are we missing out on something????

Kelownabccan

On 4/27/2024 at 10:58 AM, Kelownabccan said:

Suppose if the price is right may give it a try as do like to wear my suit and wife loves her dresses....although flying to Britain in February is sill pretty expensive from Canada.....and we do get free luggage perks....a bonus.....but still lugging large cases is still a pain and hard on us....

We are doing a TA next Spring from Florida to Barcelona on Celebrity.  Then traveling through Europe by car for 6 weeks.  Then return home on QM2.  My DH is paraplegic and in manual wheelchair.  On the best of days, I expect to resemble a pack mule.  I plan to use Luggage Forward to pick up my “Cunard designated suitcase” from my house sitter and have it delivered to our stateroom.  Likewise, while in London, I’ll have them pick up most of my “European Vacation Suitcases” and have them shipped back home.  Yeah, it’s going to cost a few dollars but in my opinion, I’ll take all the help I can get and will gladly spend the money.

• Like 7

On 4/26/2024 at 12:38 PM, Mary229 said:

I look forward to hearing the responses.  I watched another of Gary Benbridge’s YouTube videos this week and he has me convinced to try the QM2 for a crossing.  

Really enjoy his very detailed and informative reviews.   His reviews also pointed me to QM2 to give her a try.

• Like 3

On 4/27/2024 at 8:00 AM, MCC retired said:

It is not that difficult to meet the minimum dress requirements to access all public areas of the ship on Formal nights after 6pm,

Men dark suit , women nice dress. Collared shirt , jacket not required on Smart Casual.

It is all there on th Cunard website.

Going on our 18th Cunard sailing meeting minimum requirements, and not feeling out of place.

Very interesting feedback. I’ve not yet sailed Cunard, but am seriously considering.  Reading through many posts, it strikes me as odd, that someone would book a cruise on her then lament the dress code!?  I mean the formal evenings is one of the well known staples, so why book it and then…

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Liao said:

Very interesting feedback. I’ve not yet sailed Cunard, but am seriously considering.  Reading through many posts, it strikes me as odd, that someone would book a cruise on her then lament the dress code!?  I mean the formal evenings is one of the well known staples, so why book it and then…

Formality is not a growing cruise passenger base.

Cunard adjusts for this with its reasonable dress codes.