Executive Collection Half Day Car(approx 4 hours)

MarcyLondon

Posted (edited)

Hi Marcia. Looking at a handful of Vista's current excursions, I'd work on the basis that they're going to be around £250 - £300, per person. 

Personally, I'd settle for slumming it with one of the more basic excursions. 

John

Edited by Harters

3 hours ago, MarcyLondon said:

Can anyone give me an approx price for how much this might cost on Vista  June 2025

Marcia

The ones we have checked out are between £350 and £45O PER CAR depending on location. Have a look at the tours available in each of your ports but if you can’t find any, scroll down to the end of all the tour listings for the cruise. Sometimes they are  listed separately at the end rather than in with the other tours. Private cars aren’t offered in every port.

Posted (edited)

Just looking at Corfu (where Vista will be next week). An Executive half day car excursion is priced at £714 (per car - maximum of two people))

Edited by Harters

2 hours ago, Harters said:

Just looking at Corfu (where Vista will be next week). An Executive half day car excursion is priced at £714 (per car - maximum of two people))

That’s crazy!

Must admit I’ve only looked at tours from Riviera and Marina ships. Maybe prices vary dramatically via port/ship/ time of year. Certainly £714 per car is just madness.  Looks like Oceania really don’t want to offer private cars as a service! Sad really because, I for one, can’t access a coach/bus so have very, very, limited options for using the ‘tour credit’!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Techno123 said:

For our August cruise on Vista.

sorrento 1/2 day £635 full day £793

santorini 1/2 day £714 full day £952

WOW!

Just don’t know how they can justify those prices.

I received my final documents for our upcoming May cruise today. There are no private cars available at all. After checking the prices generally, I feel very much that SimplyMore tours are the least attractive of those on offer, and it does beg  the question “Are the included tours really a ‘perk’ or just a hidden price increase?”

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vallesan said:

it does beg  the question “Are the included tours really a ‘perk’ or just a hidden price increase?”

Arguably, they are both. On the one hand, it's a response to market demand for more inclusive offers (see also the newly  included gratuities for UK customers). On the other, Oceania isnt going to do anything that they don't think will improve profits. 

One thing's for sure - it is what it is. We either continue to buy the product as it stands or we go elsewhere for holidays. It's no biggie either way. 

Edited by Harters

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vallesan said:

WOW!

Just don’t know how they can justify those prices.

To be blunt,  they don't have to justify them to passengers.   You either are OK with it and book it or think it's over priced and don't book it.

I think we often make the mistake that when we're loyal to a business and that means they're loyal to us and should be sharing information above and beyond other companies.  They aren't loyal to us past wanting to generate as much revenue as possible from us.  

For the record,  I agree with you that it's crazy. 

Edited by Yesimapirate
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Harters said:

One thing's for sure - it is what it is. We either continue to buy the product as it stands or we go elsewhere for holidays. It's no biggie either way. 

Totally!

1 hour ago, Yesimapirate said:

To be blunt,  they don't have to justify them to passengers.   You either are OK with it and book it or think it's over priced and don't book it.

I think we often make the mistake that when we're loyal to a business and that means they're loyal to us and should be sharing information above and beyond other companies.  They aren't loyal to us past wanting to generate as much revenue as possible from us.  

For the record,  I agree with you that it's crazy. 

You’re 100% right. At the end of the day ‘business is business’ and profit is king and as Harters said ….

1 hour ago, Harters said:

We do have choices at the end of the day!

So I got curious - for Vista's visit to Santorini on June 22, 2024 there are 6 different private tour options. 3 vehicle classes, each available half day (4-1/2 hours) or full day (8-1/2 hours). Can't tell from the descriptions where the pick up is (ferry dock or top of cable car or...)

Every port is different, but here's the pricing

Private Car, capacity 2 people, $899 half day or $1199 full day

Mini bus, capacity 12 people, $1399 half day or $1699 full day

Van, capacity 6 people, $1099 half day or $1399 full day

Most ports I'm assuming this is waay more expensive than DIY, but if you have SM credit and hate group tours, it might make sense for some folks in some situations.

If you're traveling with a group a mini-bus might not be a bad price pp option, but it would still mostly make sense ONLY if you had SM to burn. Note that only 1 person reserves the private car, so only 1 person's SM can be applied.

2 hours ago, babysteps said:

Most ports I'm assuming this is waay more expensive than DIY, but if you have SM credit and hate group tours, it might make sense for some folks in some situations.

If you're traveling with a group a mini-bus might not be a bad price pp option, but it would still mostly make sense ONLY if you had SM to burn. Note that only 1 person reserves the private car, so only 1 person's SM can be applied.

In most ports, if you have 10-12 people the mini-bus is very competitive with any local tour company; $170 PP with 10 people.  Remember it is for a full 8 1/2 hour day and includes your driver plus a private guide and you can customize the itinerary to see anything you want to see in the port or nearby.  Of course, I agree the 2 person private car is very expensive PP. 

We had originally booked a cruise on another line for this summer to the Middle East and we had reserved a private van for just our family of 4 to see the pyramids from Alexandria.  It was similarly priced to the O private van but we felt is was worth it due to the long distance and security concerns.  Unfortunately that cruise was cancelled due to events in the region.

• Like 2

On our cruise in November on the Marina, the minibus full day tour in Casablanca is $1,000, up to 10 guests. This is very reasonable I think, even if you have only 6 people, it's around $166 per person for a full day private tour. For 10 people, it's only $100 pp, I would consider it cheap.

On 4/28/2024 at 8:12 AM, MarcyLondon said:

Can anyone give me an approx price for how much this might cost on Vista  June 2025

Marcia

I am not an expert, the one I booked for Istanbul was 695 Simply More Credits.