princess account login

sharon_pei

I am not sure what's the expected experience, but every time I log into my Princess account (web version, not that new app), it has nothing about my upcoming trip. I will have to go to booked guests tab and manually link my reservation EACH AND EVERY TIME to see my trip. Is this expected? or is it something about their website that I don't get it? It's such a pain to have to go search for the booking # along with re-typing name, DOB, etc every time. I don't even know what's the use of this princess account at all if it doesn't link to one's booking. So I wonder maybe there is something about it that I am not getting yet. Pls help. thanks!

5 minutes ago, sharon_pei said:

I am not sure what's the expected experience, but every time I log into my Princess account (web version, not that new app), it has nothing about my upcoming trip. I will have to go to booked guests tab and manually link my reservation EACH AND EVERY TIME to see my trip. Is this expected? or is it something about their website that I don't get it? It's such a pain to have to go search for the booking # along with re-typing name, DOB, etc every time. I don't even know what's the use of this princess account at all if it doesn't link to one's booking. So I wonder maybe there is something about it that I am not getting yet. Pls help. thanks!

I'm not experiencing any of what you are. Using a laptop/windows 10/Google Chrome.

using Chrome on macbook pro. is there an additional step to link your booked cruise to your account? i can't find where to do this step and it certainly doesnt automatically does the job

I have no trouble on my Win 10/Chrome desktop, but when I try to log in on the app (Android), it says my login info is incorrect. But I can get in with Booking #, etc. 

1 minute ago, CenTexan said:

I have no trouble on my Win 10/Chrome desktop, but when I try to log in on the app (Android), it says my login info is incorrect. But I can get in with Booking #, etc. 

We recently had this issue and the person on the Princess Online Chat function forwarded me to a person that was able to resolve this issue. Basically, they had to reregister both of our Princess accounts with a new userid while everything else in our accounts remained intact.

• Like 1

BTW my unofficial guess as to the cause of your issue is that your booking has a different Captains Club number than the Princess Personalizer account you’re logging into. This happened to my son a few years back when he had accidentally created a second account, thus generating a second Captains Club number. Princess had to merge the two accounts into one and use the CC number that was assigned to the booking. But that’s just a guess.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

BTW my unofficial guess as to the cause of your issue is that your booking has a different Captains Club number than the Princess Personalizer account you’re logging into. This happened to my son a few years back when he had accidentally created a second account, thus generating a second Captains Club number. Princess had to merge the two accounts into one and use the CC number that was assigned to the booking. But that’s just a guess.

This exact thing happened to my wife, she had independently created a login to Princess many years ago.  Their system assigns a captain's circle number when you register on their web site.  To be honest, this isn't the best way to onboard new cruisers and provision them to your loyalty program.  I agree, the OPs, problem is likely that they have two CC numbers, the one they actually are cruising with, and the one that is linked to their login.

The only solution is to do some research first, find your two CC numbers, the one that is linked to your login and the one that is linked to your cruise.  The one linked to the login should be visible to you after you have logged into Princess' web site and visited the Captain's Circle pages and the CC number linked to your upcoming cruise should be on your booking documentation.

After you have found both numbers you have to call Princess and get them to merge the two together.  After that is done, your login to Princess.com should take you directly to your bookings.

• Like 3

The problem you are having seems to be hit or miss.  I routinely login to the website using Chrome on a Windows pc.  Some weeks I get a response that the login or password is incorrect.  Since I use a password manager I am sure that they are the same as last week's attempt but Princess seems to disagree.  My solution has been to request a password reset and enter (reset) the same password I always use for Princess and it works most of the time.  The problem seems to be on the Princess end.

You may also want to clear cookies and site settings for Princess.com if the problem persists. 

I spent about 1 hour over the phone with princess's overseas customer support who had a very hard time understanding the problem to begin with. Then after many rounds of back and forth, she finally understood what was the issue and said the reason for it happening was the travel agent used a different email in the original booking than the email i registered with. She then said she merged the two and problem was solved. it would take 24 hours to have it updated in the system. I waited 24 hours and logged in. Problem is still there! i created another account using the other email she mentioned and logged into that one, again exactly the same thing. My reservation is nowhere to be found!

7 hours ago, sharon_pei said:

I spent about 1 hour over the phone with princess's overseas customer support who had a very hard time understanding the problem to begin with. Then after many rounds of back and forth, she finally understood what was the issue and said the reason for it happening was the travel agent used a different email in the original booking than the email i registered with. She then said she merged the two and problem was solved. it would take 24 hours to have it updated in the system. I waited 24 hours and logged in. Problem is still there! i created another account using the other email she mentioned and logged into that one, again exactly the same thing. My reservation is nowhere to be found!

Did you check the captain circle number on the reservation and compare that to the captain circle when you log into Princess online?  If they are not the same your booking will not show up in your account.  Making a new account just gave you another Captain Circle number so it would not show up on the new account either because the Captain Circle numbers will not match.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sharon_pei said:

Your login profile has a CC number, an email, your name and your birthdate.  All of these data elements are present in a reservation record.  If any of them don't match, you are going to have an issue.  Login and look at all your profile data.  Is it all correct?  Make any notes.  Now, since you can find the reservation by entering Booking Number, Name, Birthdate, it appears that Name and BD are correct.  Check that reservation data again.  You might also consider resetting to a new password.