Our Carnival Vista B2B - Havana Style - (with pics!) - 4/14/24

I'll jump in here with a few thoughts and pictures from embarkation day. We live 3.5 miles from terminal 6 and we prebooked a taxi ($20) to pick us up at 9:00 am. We had a 10:00 - 10:30 arrival time but we've seen those traffic backups for the last few months. It was an entertaining ride and the driver got a little feisty when someone cut her off but we arrived at 9:08, dropped our bags with the porter and were first in the priority line.

PXL_20240414_131145563.jpg

PXL_20240414_131141161.jpg

• Like 13

We're just platinum so we walked on the ship about 10 minutes after Jeff & Patti. We headed straight to muster since it was in Reflections dining room right next to the atrium - couldn't have planned that any better. By 10:48 we were sitting across the atrium bar from Jeff & Patti, happy to have found seats and happy to be back on a ship. We each had a Funship (I can't remember when the last time was I'd had one of those) followed by a Miami Vice each.

After we grabbed a couple Guy's burgers for lunch, we headed to our room (10295 - the first inside room on Lido) and unpacked. More than once we'd kicked ourselves for not booking a balcony for these two weeks but this room was in the perfect location so we got over it. 🙂

Next up was Red Frog Pub where we enjoyed talking with Jeff & Patti until sail away time. At that point we headed to the Tides Bar on deck 10 aft and eventually had pizza and deli for dinner later on. Precious the deli lady (never did find out her name) was barking at everyone but it didn't take as long as I thought it would to get our orders filled. I had the grilled ham & cheese which was actually pretty good. Mark ordered a cheese steak - which as it turned out didn't have any cheese on it and it really didn't even have much steak on it either. 🤷‍♀️

PXL_20240414_150353854.jpg

PXL_20240414_145329315~2.jpg

PXL_20240414_153141153.jpg

PXL_20240414_165803793.jpg

PXL_20240414_174134366.jpg

PXL_20240414_211506162~2.jpg

PXL_20240414_202652528.jpg

PXL_20240414_204537632 (1).jpg

PXL_20240414_231001300.jpg

• Like 22

8 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Before I continue on with the nuts and bolts of this review, I want to tell everyone how proud I am of my wife Patti. What a trooper! Let me explain. After Patti retired from teaching, to keep busy, Patti went to work for Target. Her job is to shop for other people. Now what woman doesn’t like shopping! She loves the job even though it requires her to walk miles every day around the store. The positive was that it also helped her to lose quite a bit of weight. The negative was that her feet, which were never great to begin with, began to hurt her more, especially her right foot. Over time the pain got worse and worse. Her foot doctor recommended that she quit her job. Nope, that’s not happening!

Four years ago, she had had enough and had surgery on her right foot. Though it wasn’t 100% pain free, it was a lot better. She continued to work at Target, though with reduced hours, and continued to walk for miles on our cruises taking the pictures that both you and I love so much. Now since then the pain has increased in her left foot to the point that it is much worse than the right foot ever was. Having to walk “funny” is also giving her some back pain. During the last few cruises I told her to take it easy, and if we needed a shot to illustrate a point, we could use some of our many “stock” pictures. She was having none of that. So as I looked through the thousands of pictures that Patti took this trip, I wince when thinking about how painful each step was for her when taking them.

The good news is that on May 17th she will be having surgery on her left foot. We hope this will make her foot pain free, but realistically don’t think that will happen, but any improvement will be welcomed. Her foot doctor will again recommend that she quit Target. Nope, that’s not happening. Will she stop walking for miles taking pictures for us? Nope, that’s not happening either! That’s why I am so proud of Patti. Love you Babe! ♥️

Patti is a rock star!  Thank you, Patti, for all your lovely photos…but please take care of yourself.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Embarkation day was only the first of many relaxing, lazy days and we turned in early that night. When we got back to the room, we found this letter in our mailbox. Dude, we totally went to muster - it was the first thing we did even before getting a drink and we never got cut off so . . . . 🤷‍♀️

PXL_20240415_001430979.jpg

• Haha 14

3 hours ago, Indiansbaseball said:

To Patty …

I too started as a personal shopper in 2021. Within months, I developed plantar fasciitis! I’ve also been told to quit, but I haven’t. I have had two shots in my left foot. I feel minutely better. I bought two pair of shoes by a company called OOFOS. They are slides and sandals! After a long day of work and when waking up they are the only thing that allows me to walk. 
I feel your pain! I wish you nothing but the best on your surgery and I hope Jeff will update us ! 
Jen

So sorry that you have foot issues. Patti has had quite a few cortisone shots and tried all types of footwear with very little success. Her foot doctor said the real solution would require plates and screws, but she would have to give up her job which she doesn't want to do. It may come to that some day, but for now all she wants is some pain relief. Pain meds don't even touch it. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on her progress. 😎

• Like 22

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jedi bobs said:

I'm getting a Mitsigurly and jamman review both at the same time, how lucky can we get:) The second leg of your vista cruise, Ann and I had to cancel, becuse of her hospitalation, (still a little sad about that one).  How far out from JAXPORT was the hotel you stayed at?  We are tinking of staying there when we go to get on Elation in dec.  THanks for all the hard work you and Patty do. I kind of know what Patty is going though at Target. I too have feet problems but not to the severity that she does.  I do Spark and Instacart for a living, so I shop at my local Kroger for Instacart and I either get loaded up at Walmart or shop there for SPark, and I take the groceries/items to the customers location.  Patty, you are trooper huggs for you from Ann and I and we'll see you on the Valor next year.

Thanks for coming aboard. We hope that Ann has fully recovered.

The Country Inn & Suites in Kingsland Georgia is about 25 minutes from Jaxport. It is where we always stay when cruising from there.

It's tough to have foot problems when you are on your feet all day. Hopefully it won't get any worse.

We're looking forward to seeing you guys on the Valor next year. 😎

Edited by Jamman54

Always enjoy your reviews and Patti's pictures. Hope her upcoming surgery brings much improvement. I had that same cabin steward on a cruise, although I haven't been on Vista since before Covid.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

So sorry that you have foot issues. Patti has had quite a few cortisone shots and tried all types of footwear with very little success. Her foot doctor said the real solution would require plates and screws, but she would have to give up her job which she doesn't want to do. It may come to that some day, but for now all she wants is some pain relief. Pain meds don't even touch it. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on her progress. 😎

My husband has a screw in his ankle and regrets getting it done ! It is so full of arthritis. For him, we are at ankle replacement time. Prayers for relief for her ! 

• Thanks 1

Loving your review. We were on the Vista the week before you. Bringing back all our memories. Hope you got to see Clinton do one of his acoustic sets in the Red Frog bar. He was so good.

• Thanks 1

Day # 2- (April 15th) – Fun Day at Sea # 1. 

We were up at 6:30am to what is going to be a warm sunny day……

IMG_5817-X2.jpg

Here are today’s Fun Times…..

IMG_5762A-XL.jpg

IMG_5762B-XL.jpg

IMG_5762C-XL.jpg

I got dressed and went back to the Havana Area to grab a few sunrise pictures…..

IMG_5764-XL.jpg

IMG_5765-XL.jpg

IMG_5766-XL.jpg

IMG_5767-XL.jpg

From there I made my way to the Ocean Plaza Bar to get my morning coffee from Setyo. I met Beth & Mark there and we chatted for a while. The Diamond Lunch is later on this morning, and since Patti and I could bring guests, we asked them if they wanted to join us. We were delighted when they said yes…..

IMG_5784-XL.jpg

IMG_5785-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 18

I went back to the cabin to work on pictures for a while. Patti went out to do a little exploring. Here is the Library Bar on Deck 5 minus all of the artwork that was there yesterday…..

IMG_5771-XL.jpg

IMG_5770-XL.jpg

IMG_5769-XL.jpg

IMG_5768-XL.jpg

Here are a couple of views of the inside Havana Bar. See Greg, we have chairs at the bar on this ship! :classic_biggrin:

IMG_5780-XL.jpg

IMG_5781-XL.jpg

Around 10am I went out to the Havana Area to have a few Bloody Mary’s with my new friend Jendra…..

IMG_5773-XL.jpg

IMG_5774-XL.jpg

Here are a few Havana Area views…..

IMG_5777-XL.jpg

IMG_5778-XL.jpg

IMG_5779-XL.jpg

Every once in a while they come around with some frozen fruit. Nice touch!

IMG_5772-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 23
  • Haha 1

At 11am we met Beth & Mark at the Lobby Bar for a pre-lunch drink. We all loved this Dreamscape…..

IMG_5783-XL.jpg

We then made our way into the Reflections Restaurant where we were greeted by some members of the Senior Staff as we entered…..

IMG_5786-XL.jpg

IMG_5788-XL.jpg

There were a little more than 100 Diamond members on this cruise…..

IMG_5791-XL.jpg

Percival would be our server and the drinks have begun to flow!

IMG_5813-XL.jpg

IMG_5803-XL.jpg

Cruise Director Marty introduces the Senior Staff members…..

IMG_5793-XL.jpg

IMG_5795-XL.jpg

IMG_5796-XL.jpg

IMG_5797-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 21

After our Captain Paolo Severini said a few words, it was time to eat. This was a new Diamond Lunch menu to us……

IMG_5802-XL.jpg

Here are Mark and I, and Beth and Patti at the Diamond Lunch…..

IMG_5806-XL.jpg

IMG_5807-XL.jpg

We all started with the meatball served Emeril’s Bistro style…..

IMG_5804-XL.jpg

Between us we all had the Baked Chicken or the BBQ Pot Roast and Shrimp…..

IMG_5808-XL.jpg

IMG_5809-XL.jpg

Between us we all had the Fresh Fruit Platter or the Green Tea Delight for dessert…..

IMG_5810-XL.jpg

IMG_5812-XL.jpg

We all had a great time. The food was delicious and we had four rounds of drinks! Afterwards we stopped back at the cabin where we found that I Gede had left us this towel animal…..

IMG_5815-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 21

Another great Jamman review.  Just found it, thanks for taking us along for the ride.  Back to back no less.  Have not been on the Vista and good while.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We went back to the Havana area where we spent a few hours soaking up the sun and having a few drinks. We were both getting sleepy so we went back to the cabin to take a nap.

When we awoke at 6pm, we decided to head up to the Lido Marketplace for a bite to eat….

IMG_5818-XL.jpg

IMG_5819-XL.jpg

Here are a couple of the Lido Marketplace views. You can see that we had no problem finding a table…..

IMG_5821-XL.jpg

IMG_5823-XL.jpg

We made our way out to the Beach Pool and decided to do something that I don’t remember us ever doing. We decided to watch a movie. Hunger Games was just about to start so Patti got some towels and a lounge chair…..

IMG_5832-XL.jpg

I was more comfortable sitting over by the Red Frog Rum Bar…..

IMG_5828-XL.jpg

IMG_5830-XL.jpg

We also got to watch a pretty sunset…..

IMG_5833-XL.jpg

IMG_5834-XL.jpg

IMG_5835-XL.jpg

The movie ended at 10pm. We went and got some ice cream and made our way back to the cabin for the night.

Today’s Cheers count: Patti = 1, Jeff = 8. For the day (-3), for the cruise (+4). In fairness, we each had 4 drinks at the Diamond Lunch, but they don’t count!

Coming up next: Our return to Half Moon Cay!

• Like 22

9 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Interesting Diamond lunch menu.  What would be your guess ion how many Diamonds are on the cruise?

There were a little over a hundred on the 6 day cruise, double that on the 8 day cruise. :classic_cool:

• Like 3

Day # 3- (April 16th) – Half Moon Cay  (7am – 4pm). 

We were up at 6am for the day. It’s going to be another beautiful day!

IMG_5837-X2.jpg

Here are today’s Fun times…..

IMG_5836A-XL.jpg

IMG_5836B-XL.jpg

IMG_5836C-XL.jpg

Here is our plan for today. With having Cheers and being in the Havana Area, we really don’t need to leave the ship. However, we haven’t been here since 2018 so we figure we should go check it out at least for a couple of hours. I’m planning to just hit the beach and swim. Patti is going to do a tour that she did over ten years ago, and wanted to do again. Here are the details:

Island Tram Calypso Tour

Starting at

$29.99 / Adult (ages 13 and over)

$21.99 / Child (ages 3 - 12)

DETAILS

Open-Air Island Tram: All aboard for an enjoyable, leisurely, guided tour of the island’s highlights in the comfort of a shaded, open-air tram.

Island Highlights: Pass the marina to Cannon Point, stop at the island's chapel, built in Bahamian cultural designs, and capture the wonderful views of the Exuma Channel. Drive by the famous Captain Morgan "On the Rocks" Bar and Pegasus Ranch, home of the swimming horses. See the island’s only farm where fruits and vegetables are sustainably grown, giving you a peek at what it’s like to live on this sun-kissed island.

Stingray Cove: Stop by the stingray center for a chance to see these docile creatures in their natural habitat.

Accessibility: Tour is ambulatory accessible; you must be able to take a few steps (up/down) and walk short distances. Collapsible wheelchair can be stored.

What to Bring: Beach towel.

Good to Know: Ride may be bumpy depending on road conditions.

Houston, we have a problem. Overnight I came down with some stomach issues, and though I’m feeling a little better this morning I’m not comfortable enough to leave the ship. Patti however is going to press on. But first, she’s going to get some early morning Havana Area views…..

IMG_5838-XL.jpg

IMG_5839-XL.jpg

IMG_5840-XL.jpg

IMG_5841-XL.jpg

IMG_5842-XL.jpg

IMG_5843-XL.jpg

IMG_5844-XL.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 16

Here are some more early morning Havana Area views…..

IMG_5846-XL.jpg

IMG_5847-XL.jpg

IMG_5850-XL.jpg

IMG_5851-XL.jpg

IMG_5852-XL.jpg

The Carnival Vista has arrived at Half Moon Cay and the Water Shuttles are waiting for the okay to come alongside…..

IMG_5849-XL.jpg

Here is the Priority Water Shuttle information…..

IMG_5854-XL.jpg

Here is the General Water Shuttle information…..

IMG_5853-XL.jpg

Of course, Patti will be taking a Priority Water Shuttle. On her way down to Deck 0 she passes the General Water Shuttle Pass line which stretches from the Red Frog Pub to past the Atrium…….

IMG_5855-XL.jpg

IMG_5856-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 16

We’ll get back to Patti’s adventure shortly, but I’m feeling like trying a cup of coffee. I head over to the Ocean Plaza Bar to see Setyo. Beth and Mark are there so we chat for a while. They aren’t planning to leave the ship. A little while later I decide to head back to the Havana Area and see Katherine and Jendra and try a Bloody Mary……

IMG_5857A-XL.jpg

I decide to hop into the pool taking the water camera with me. Here are some views from the pool…..

IMG_5857B-XL.jpg

IMG_5857C-XL.jpg

IMG_5857D-XL.jpg

IMG_5857E-XL.jpg

IMG_5857F-XL.jpg

IMG_5857G-XL.jpg

IMG_5857H-XL.jpg

Here’s where Patti and I will be hanging out today…..

IMG_5857L-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 19

The Diamond lunch was amazing! Easily the best meal of the week and we enjoyed the experience and most of all, the company. Jeff & Patti were so sweet to invite us and we truly appreciated it.

At the lunch, I was drinking champagne with Peach Schnapps but Mark was drinking margaritas, so we spent the rest of the afternoon at Blue Iguana Tequila Bar. 🤣 

Dinner was pizza & buffet and we caught the sunset on our way to Ocean Plaza Bar where Setyo got special permission to add Christine's Fave (from the Golden Jubilee Bar on Celebration) to the menu for us. We had quite a few of those over the course of the next two weeks. 🙂

image.jpeg

PXL_20240415_185911839.jpg

PXL_20240415_225508843.jpg

PXL_20240415_231934806~2.jpg

PXL_20240416_004120420.jpg

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

The Diamond lunch was amazing! Easily the best meal of the week and we enjoyed the experience and most of all, the company. Jeff & Patti were so sweet to invite us and we truly appreciated it.

At the lunch, I was drinking champagne with Peach Schnapps but Mark was drinking margaritas, so we spent the rest of the afternoon at Blue Iguana Tequila Bar. 🤣 

Dinner was pizza & buffet and we caught the sunset on our way to Ocean Plaza Bar where Setyo got special permission to add Christine's Fave (from the Golden Jubilee Bar on Celebration) to the menu for us. We had quite a few of those over the course of the next two weeks. 🙂

image.jpeg

PXL_20240415_185911839.jpg

PXL_20240415_225508843.jpg

PXL_20240415_231934806~2.jpg

PXL_20240416_004120420.jpg

Great pictures once again Beth! Thanks for sharing them along with your story! :classic_smile:

• Like 2