HIA Question

I booked the cruise without HIA and I now wish to add it.  However, I have already booked the excursions and wifi.  If I add the HIA will they automatically refund the excursion allowance and wifi or do I need to cancel the excursions already booked and wifi, then add the HIA and then re-book the excursions so that they come out of the $300 excursion allowance?

• Like 1

I would call and work this all out with a representative.  If you are more than 3 days out they can take payment and switch your shore excursions to HIA and refund for the internet.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, lynn2002 said:

If I add the HIA will they automatically refund the excursion allowance and wifi or do I need to cancel the excursions already booked and wifi, then add the HIA and then re-book

I would not count on them automatically doing the obvious thing! I think Mary has the right advice and you will have to pay for a toll call to work this out the simplest way.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lynn2002 said:

I booked the cruise without HIA and I now wish to add it.  However, I have already booked the excursions and wifi.  If I add the HIA will they automatically refund the excursion allowance and wifi or do I need to cancel the excursions already booked and wifi, then add the HIA and then re-book the excursions so that they come out of the $300 excursion allowance?

Did you book with a travel agent?  Then call them to do it.

If you booked directly then it may be a bit more difficult.  Although the Southampton office still exists, the numbers for HAL now transfer to a call centre 'out east' and the level of experience is low.

When is your cruise and how popular are the excursions?  You may have to cancel and rebook. I would not be expecting HAL to automatically do anything.

Ofcourse, you could play safe and purchase HIA, rebook the excursions, then cancel the prepaid ones.

I don't know if you can cancel wifi online, so you may have to call the call centre anyway.

• Like 1

You should be able to cancel the standalone Wi-Fi online.

The shore excursions desk on the ship can swap in your HIA credit if you don't want to cancel and rebook your excursions. If they are popular, there may be waitlist people who will move into your spot.