Aboard Summit May 4,2024 Los Angeles.

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2024 at 1:36 AM, D. B. said:

Hoping you find a cruise line you are comfortable with is not Snarky.

End of post.

Blees your heart, D.B.!

As Elite Plus just like you, we are comfortable with Celebrity! So yes, your comment was snarky because basically that throwaway comment is one often made to other Celebrity thread posters who list complaints about their cruise. It is an insult, kinda like the one with which I began this post

As an investor with RCCL, I was concerned to hear "random cruisers" say one and done with Celebrity. Unhappy Summit cruisers will not hesitate to complain about this cruise line ot friends and on social media. While bottom line may not be significantly impacted, their "never again" statements do bother me.

Edited by TMLAalum

We were on this cruise too.  We haven't cruised a whole lot, a couple cruises with Princess.  We were very happy with the condition of the ship and our stateroom on Deck 8, as well as our steward who was great.

Buffet got so crowded....we finally decided to order room service for breakfast...definitely worth the extra charge for the peace and quiet.  We liked the little aft deck, it was always pleasant out there, even on the rougher, windier sea days. Oh and the cereal area has almond milk and lactose free milk!  Yay!

If we cruise again we'll know to bring reading material or something for those long sea days, a few too many on this cruise but no ones' fault really.  

Liked the small size of the ship.  The show with Lou Gazara was great!  I went to one of the art experiences in the Sky Lounge but there were so many people, I didn't stay.  The day in San Francisco we just took a short walk and came back, ate lunch in the blissfully empty buffet and sat at a window looking out at the most glorious view of the Bay, the skyline, a bit of downtown on a gorgeous day!

Decided to take the ship shuttle bus to YVR which was a good decision. You can sign up for it if yo have a flight leaving no earlier than noon. Our flight was at 1:45PM.  We keep our luggage with us, easier.

All in all a good experience. Nothing really to complain about.  Would take this ship again.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2024 at 7:27 AM, TMLAalum said:

I do wish that port fees were refunded for missing Catalina as was done in the past if a stop had to be abandoned. 

I was on this cruise also and received a credit of $1.13 which I assume for Catalina.  As for the reason we stopped rather than skipping Victoria given the late hour and short duration of the port call was some passengers had arranged to debark the ship there so we had to stop to let them off.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2024 at 8:35 AM, buzz031 said:

We too were on that cruise on the Eclipse last Fall when it stopped in Astoria. We had a downpour in Seattle while we were walking back to the ship from downtown. No stop in Seattle? Did I miss that?
Thanks for the review! I enjoyed it!

Astoria was among our least fav ports. 

We were there when it first opened..with the  long tender ride and the long delayed train ride..ha ha.It was one mis-step after another .Felt bad for the local promoters

We did have a decent  lunch   at the one decent looking spot, but nothing else was open or..worthwhile.  There might have been a second hand flea market..(junk).

Hope it has been improved!

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Hope it has been improved!

Haha. I’m not sure that I would classify it as improved. We walked into town and had an ok lunch. There really wasn’t much to do or see. Many places were closed. The ship did dock (no tender), so I guess that would be an improvement. Maybe I missed something exciting for an excursion. We did book late, so the reason we stop in Astoria was maybe all sold out?