Explora 1 live May 6, 2024

Posted (edited)
Host Jazzbeau
This post was recognized by Host Jazzbeau!

Ashercat1 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Really excited to board Explora Journey 1 tomorrow in Vancouver.

Follow me along with my friends on this new adventure. I’ll try to post comments and photos as if you were here with me.

if you have questions, I’ll do my best to answer them. 

Edited by Host Jazzbeau
fixed date in title
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Explora 1 live May 6, 2024
1 hour ago, Ashercat1 said:

Follow me along with my friends on this new adventure. I’ll try to post comments and photos as if you were here with me.

ENJOY 

On 4/29/2024 at 5:19 AM, Dr. Cocktail said:

We've sailed twice and did a few catamaran excursions where we chatted with a lot of people.

Basically everyone had been on Regent/Silversea/ and particularly Seabourn.  While there were many cruise first timers, there were extremely few people who had sailed on a premium or mass market line before.

On our second sailing we actually travelled with our friends who generally do Regent and Silversea.

I spoke to management on board and was told that Explora II will have a lot more shade and I would be getting more too on her return to Europe. We're also shade monsters and didn't find it a huge problem as we would just move once or twice a day. There's waaaaay more shade than the Regent Explorer Class Ships and it appears that there's basically no shade at all on Siver Nova and beyond.

We sailed with 400 on our first trip and between 600 and 700 for our second and the ship strangely felt much better with the additional passengers! Just a nicer vibe although it made second visits to Sakura and Marble next to impossible.

Happy sailing

Posted (edited)

IMG_7812.thumb.jpeg.bc165713b44e081f69abb2561302e65a.jpegLooking forward to boarding in an hour or two. Will post check in photos. Hope to meet  you on board. Here’s a photo of Explora journey 1 coming into Vancouver this morning. Also a photo of me and Catherine, my friend who will be sailing as well.IMG_7946.thumb.jpeg.fc42d69774e80eac4e2defeb260d4194.jpeg I’m standing behind the chair. Her sister Lorraine will be joining us, and I will post pictures of the three of us later.

Edited by Ashercat1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ashercat1 said:

IMG_7812.thumb.jpeg.bc165713b44e081f69abb2561302e65a.jpegLooking forward to boarding in an hour or two. Will post check in photos. Hope to meet  you on board. Here’s a photo of Explora journey 1 coming into Vancouver this morning. Also a photo of me and Catherine, my friend who will be sailing as well.IMG_7946.thumb.jpeg.fc42d69774e80eac4e2defeb260d4194.jpeg I’m standing behind the chair. Her sister Lorraine will be joining us, and I will post pictures of the three of us later.

Excellent If you are able in Santa Monica Chinois on Main is our favorite restaurant anywhere

ENJOY and look forward to your posts

1 hour ago, Waltershipman said:

Excellent If you are able in Santa Monica Chinois on Main is our favorite restaurant anywhere

ENJOY and look forward to your posts

thank you. Next time I’m in LA I’ll make it a point to visit that restaurant.

• Like 1

I see you are highly versed in all things Oceania. It would be interesting to to hear your comments comparing EJ to O ships. There are some elements of EJ that reminded us of O - restaurants in particular but also 'vibe'. 

Have a wonderful time (and don't spend too much of it posting here!).
Adrian

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Noggins said:

I see you are highly versed in all things Oceania. It would be interesting to to hear your comments comparing EJ to O ships. There are some elements of EJ that reminded us of O - restaurants in particular but also 'vibe'. 

Have a wonderful time (and don't spend too much of it posting here!).
Adrian

In February while cruising on the vista, I did a comparison between ocean vista and Explorer journey. It's in the explorer journey Message board with comparison

19 hours ago, Ashercat1 said:

How long are you onboard? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Waltershipman said:

In February while cruising on the vista, I did a comparison between ocean vista and Explorer journey. It's in the explorer journey Message board with comparison

thanks, I remember it - but I have never sailed on the vista and nor has the OP which may be as well as it's a comparison with the older ships that interests me more. Vista is not on my hit list - not now we have Crystal back - and EJ, come to that!

28 minutes ago, Noggins said:

thanks, I remember it - but I have never sailed on the vista and nor has the OP which may be as well as it's a comparison with the older ships that interests me more. Vista is not on my hit list - not now we have Crystal back - and EJ, come to that!

Excellent I was on the Sirena in 2020 when Covid hit and got back March 8. We were in a PH and enjoyed it actually enjoyed this R ship better than Vista as we found Vista had a feeling of being crowded.Our PH was lovely and felt big. We loved EJ when we sailed last October and have booked it again 

All the  best to you and I enjoy your posts

1 minute ago, Waltershipman said:

Excellent I was on the Sirena in 2020 when Covid hit and got back March 8. We were in a PH and enjoyed it actually enjoyed this R ship better than Vista as we found Vista had a feeling of being crowded.Our PH was lovely and felt big. We loved EJ when we sailed last October and have booked it again 

All the  best to you and I enjoy your posts

we were on Sirena - in a PH - when she first went to Cuba. An emotional FDR was first ashore. (and we had a fascinating tour that day - another lifelong memory made) We were also on Marina's the maiden crossing. A lovely ship, we thought at the time - but we always had a soft spot for the 'R's.

EJ eclipses all of those, of course. It's in a different category. But comparisons are relevant nevertheless.

43 minutes ago, Noggins said:

we were on Sirena - in a PH - when she first went to Cuba. An emotional FDR was first ashore. (and we had a fascinating tour that day - another lifelong memory made) We were also on Marina's the maiden crossing. A lovely ship, we thought at the time - but we always had a soft spot for the 'R's.

EJ eclipses all of those, of course. It's in a different category. But comparisons are relevant nevertheless.

Agree 

Enjoy and we will keep in touch I am sure

20 hours ago, Sidney68 said:

6 days. This is my first Sailing on Explora Journey.  I have a 14 day cruise booked for December 2024.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashercat1 said:

6 days. This is my first Sailing on Explora Journey.  I have a 14 day cruise booked for December 2024.

Ah looks like I will miss you unfortunately, but have a great time! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sidney68 said:

36 minutes ago, Sidney68 said:

Ah looks like I will miss you unfortunately, but have a great time! 

Good morning this is day two of the cruise. So far everything is lovely. Ship is beautiful, service is great, food is divine. And accommodations are super comfortable. Going to post several pictures from yesterday beginning walk onto ship and a few around the ship photos.

IMG_7954.jpeg

IMG_7957.jpeg

IMG_7958.jpeg

IMG_7959.jpeg

IMG_7960.jpeg

IMG_7961.jpeg

IMG_7963.jpeg

IMG_7973.jpeg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ashercat1 said:

Good morning this is day two of the cruise. So far everything is lovely. Ship is beautiful, service is great, food is divine. And accommodations are super comfortable. Going to post several pictures from yesterday beginning walk onto ship and a few around the ship photos.

IMG_7954.jpeg

IMG_7957.jpeg

IMG_7958.jpeg

IMG_7959.jpeg

IMG_7960.jpeg

IMG_7961.jpeg

IMG_7963.jpeg

IMG_7973.jpeg

Wonderful beautiful fantastic

We just came off Explora yesterday in Vancouver. Explora exceeded our expectations. 
We have cruised on all the luxury and premium lines and Explora is our new favorite. 
I hope you enjoy as much as we did. We will definitely sail with Explora again. 

• Like 8