P and O Iona now.

15 hours ago, Funboy said:

Good for them, it's a start.....but unfortunately the sanitisers are useless against Norovirus. It is only soap and water which is effective. I still believe that anyone not washing their hands should be stopped going in.

Absolutely, but sanitiser helps with many other viruses and gets a hygiene message across.  Admittedly, not as well as a big bloke with tats.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Photo Andy said:

Thought I would bring you all up to date. It is Sunday night and we are back in UK at home. 

Eventful final few days.

Wednesday in Alesund, we walked up Mt Aksla with many people from P and O Iona and an Aida ship. The footpath was very busy,  I took my camera / tripod images of Alesund  but not from the cafe as it seems permanently closed. Walked back down into the town and fell off a pavement and injured myself up, mostly my right hand knuckles, deskinned and bloody, avoided any facial injuries, a quick check and nothing seemed broken. Back on ship cleaned up, then back out into Alesund to buy some dressings, tape and scissors. (I used to work in the NHS doing tissue viability so self dressing is not a problem). Have you ever tried to pass through ship security with a pair of scissors longer than 40mm? They looked at the dressings we purchased, the tape and my bloody fingers etc. They allowed the scissors on board but we could not open the packet until in our cabin and could not take them out of the cabin. We were meant to have a pm cruise on a fjord but just did not feel up to it. 

Thursday - heavy rain, fog and 35mph wind and the ship had 2 attempts to enter Haugesund but no luck. On the upside we were refunded our excursion money. 

Friday, packed, had a table for dinner at the Keel and Cow, lovely meal, clean plates. 

Saturday, our disembarkation time was 8-55am, in the car and on the way home by 9-30am. 

This was a great holiday, the hand injury was my fault, but Iona was excellent, food, crew, venues etc. Missing a port excursion seems to be an issue in Norway, just stay cool and enjoy the ports you can visit.

BW

Derek.     

Thank you for your review.

Hope your hand is healing well.

We didn't make into Haugesund when on Britannia last September, but stayed in Flam overnight and left the following lunchtime.