Live TransAtlantic on Caribbean Princess. May 4, 2024 - May 19, 2024

Posted (edited)

Ship is heading or in Ireland according to the itinerary they posted. I have not looked at any cruise websites( i.e. marine traffic,etc) to see if they’re actually in port or not just looked at the authors itinerary that they posted. I also have not looked at the weather for the area. Sorry for the OP/author that they’ve been having quite a few rough nights.

Edited by arizonaperson

Tonight is definitely pretty bad. We're heading to Cobh, supposed to arrive at 7 am but the Captain announced earlier that has been moved to 2 pm. Departure moved from 6 pm to 9 pm.

He's trying to go around something weather-wise, so I can only assume it's better now than if we had taken our original course at the original speed.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Flatter seas seem to have arrived this morning, after a somewhat sporty 48 hours or so and a particularly lively time over night.  I think it is fair to say that we crossed the Atlantic and the Atlantic was quite cross!  No doubt, quite a few passengers and crew will be very happy when we arrive belatedly in Ireland today.

Many will probably wish to criticise, blame Princess for rough seas and demand compensation.  But from me at least many thanks to the crew for keeping us safe and well through what was clearly an unusually bad patch of weather even for this part of the North Atlantic.  It was quite an experience!

Edited by cruising.mark.uk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

Flatter seas seem to have arrived this morning, after a somewhat sporty 48 hours or so and a particularly lively time over night.  I think it is fair to say that we crossed the Atlantic and the Atlantic was quite cross!  No doubt, quite a few passengers and crew will be very happy when we arrive belatedly in Ireland today.

Many will probably wish to criticise, blame Princess for rough seas and demand compensation.  But from me at least many thanks to the crew for keeping us safe and well through what was clearly an unusually bad patch of weather even for this part of the North Atlantic.  It was quite an experience!

I don't think anyone blames Princess for the weather.   We're in one of the few aft facing cabins on deck 9 and our deck this morning was soaking wet (no rain) from the waves and the ship slapping back down on the water.  Thankfully, I have never experienced sea sickness but I can't imagine anyone who has a problem with it suffering through the last 3 days.

Yes, it is better this morning. Thankfully.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ecs66 said:

Circle Caribbean should be pretty tame in December.  Maybe a bad cruise is what people say childbirth is like.  (I wouldn't know myself.)  You say "never again", but then you do.

Well, it was quite an experience !  ATS and I got into some storms before, miles off the coast in Florida doing deep sea fishing,  But this was a whole new level.  There was no rain, only high winds and higher waves.

2 hours ago, TenneSea said:

Well, it was quite an experience !

I told you about Dec. 2006 HI cruise -- round-trip out of Los Angeles.  Horrible.  They even cancelled all the shows for two days for the safety of the entertainers.  Dishes were falling and sliding in the MDR.  There was a contingent of WWII Navy veterans going for a special Pearl Harbor event, and THEY were sick.

That was before internet on board, and what you saw on the CCTV was their own programming so no actual news.  Captain and staff provided zero information.  When we got home, we learned that three storms had converged on our location.  I said, "Never again!", but the five-day trip back to CA was beautiful!

Thank Goodness, life is pretty much back to normal on the ship this morning.  What a night.  The motion sickness bags are still in the stairways but they should be gone soon. 

Due to the rough seas, our arrival into Cobh, Ireland has been delayed to 2:00 p.m. and we will leave port later than planned at 9:30 p.m.  We did book one of the few tours available "Kindle Village & Charles Fort".  I'm just not into cities and this tour at least offered some countryside views.

By the way, it is plastic.  And it is tacky.  Gaudy.

image.thumb.jpeg.9150327802f5aa304c84892928a6ab13.jpeg

• Like 2

We have been blessed with really great and interesting talent on this cruise.  The theatre is filled to capacity every night.

image.thumb.jpeg.6dca835f48fd7cc791630559e5535258.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.06923d8fbe85ebaf39737e35192c455f.jpeg

Awesome band, as usual !

image.thumb.jpeg.bef3f53e655f7f355a094631acfac6a3.jpeg

Crystal Canaglia (Sean's wife) performed again.  She is the woman who did the Celine Dion Tribute Show.  Another lovely evening.

image.thumb.jpeg.fe6cd7d47dbeaa2808ce23e3f5727af5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3ec7e64200ed62b081ec6b0752736e08.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0d26a3102a76605898e364de37c35abe.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a8939d528e5bf50e94e8b3303edc7f3e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5e3dc85d371fe892d022744859c0d417.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2252345dd86f88d8d20ec74cecbae69a.jpeg

• Like 1

Kate performed again in a show that was just her singing.  Her speaking voice is soft, kind little girlish.  It's amazing the sound that comes out when she's singing.

image.thumb.jpeg.fa86369c7e0547de1a1c0236b1a226ba.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0460ff10d2649bef01759847d3b34277.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5ca021e3cae5550d0069b6e28af1b2ed.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1c3e84df86ce09b50e8490e1cad8eac1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.daf3ee1558410bf180b993f59a73ad6f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.19c1ae01b55bd311ed89484465df374a.jpeg

• Like 1

Shane Hampsheir  performed another night.  He's just great with the audience.  He asked a cute young couple to come up on stage while he "serenaded" them.  They were fun to watch.

image.thumb.jpeg.f352dca1a6f3ae262f4a64f7396305ce.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9efac71ce9b870b616648462fc899bbd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1bfb66b5c08b51d506702c36d9feb5dc.jpeg

Then Crystal sang with him.

image.thumb.jpeg.33bd4ce934bb5c79d70b92d922c3d27d.jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TenneSea said:

We did book one of the few tours available "Kindle Village & Charles Fort"

With the arrival and departure times changing, will you still be able to do that?

Sorry for some spelling errors.  I just read over the posts and auto-correct has changed many words.  I'll have to do better proofing before posting.  Mostly names have been changed.

• Like 1

Just now, ecs66 said:

With the arrival and departure times changing, will you still be able to do that?

Yes, they have worked with the shore excursion companies who are contracted to do the Princess tours to design about 5 that will work with the new port schedule.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

For anyone sailing at this time...hope you have flatter seas ahead. 

If anyone happens to see the officer board, please post a pic here. Thank you! 

IMG20240515155328.jpg

• Thanks 2

Next stop is Cobh, Ireland (Cork).  They told us, due to the weather, we were not able to be in port at the scheduled time.  Apparently, there was a lot of behind the scenes scrambling to adjust tours to the shortened time in port.  Our original tour was cancelled, but we nabbed a newly designed tour, waited in the dining room to head out, only to have that one cancelled too.  Very disappointed.

We ducked into a lovely waterfrong restaurant for dinner.  Just enjoyed the activities outside our window.  That was it for our Ireland adventure.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here are images from the production show, "Broadway Ballroom".  Very production show-ish, but eye candy, for sure.  I loved it.

_DSC1856.JPG

_DSC1857.JPG

_DSC1858.JPG

_DSC1859.JPG

_DSC1861.JPG

Edited by TenneSea
  • Like 1

Skipping ahead to the post-cruise itinerary.  We have spent the last 2 days on the Isle of Wight in the village of Yarmouth.  It's so beautiful here.  Pictures follow.  Random order.  If you ever get a chance to visit, I'd say do it.  It's a 1/2 hr ferry ride from Southampton - perfect for a pre or post cruise !

_DSC2185-1.thumb.jpg.d7fcdb404fb0456bca28434f11b73158.jpg

The needles

_DSC2184-1.thumb.jpg.92ef0edb70704f420bf5ac3f0d342145.jpg

_DSC2182-1.thumb.jpg.a801b10afbdc231b1d16e0ba4a3bbd35.jpg

Chair lift down to the Needles - yep, we did it !

_DSC2178-1.thumb.jpg.7d4d17b9734289df6f5f2f3effd0d76a.jpg

_DSC2177-1.thumb.jpg.8da0a0ba8ff5a15ff655efd6ceeb2fc3.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TenneSea said:

I will get back to the cruise soon.

Your pics are beautiful.

I look forward to reading about the rest of your cruise and port stops.