New to Windstar - Star Breeze cruise in Oct

This will be our first time on Windstar and our first time in FP. Our cruise does an overnight in Bora Bora and I'm debating on taking 1 of the 2 days there to just kind of do what we want (I have a snorkeling excursion planned for the 2nd day). We love cool bars and I was looking for one to maybe hit but am not sure as most seem associated with a hotel. From the Star Breeze will we have a great view of the sunset, etc. if we just stay on board? Or is it fun to try to hit a cool waterfront bar on Bora Bora? Are there water taxis available? Thank you!

When we did FP in 2017, the night we were at Bora Bora was the night for the island/motu dinner so we were not on the ship (Wind Spirit) to watch the sunset and I cannot report on that.  But, if you have a "free" night at Bora Bora and you decide to be off the ship for the evening/sunset, I'd suggest heading to Bloody Mary's (the source and namesake of the drink).  You should have an excellent view of the sunset from the dock in front of Bloody Mary's and I can't think of a more iconic place to watch a sunset in Bora Bora.  Take a good look at the "guest List" boards at the entrance to the restaurant/bar: the list of former guests is amazing.

image063.jpg

• Like 1

We were on a Windstar cruise in March in French Polynesia. Blood Mary's was not open for dinner, but they did let you come in for a drink and to buy t-shirts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Definitely want to have a drink and a t-shirt at Bloody Mary's.  South Pacific was my husband and my "song".  We saw it at Lincoln Center and it was wonderful.  Also the famous artists who have played there including Jimmy Buffett.  Is the bar the same, or are they redoing that as well?

I saw that it was closed and thought I saw somewhere that we might be lucky and it will be open by the time we are there. Fingers crossed! Plan is to check out Matira Beach and Bloody Mary's.