Using OBC for shore excursions

debway

Hi all - I almost always book my shore excursions using 3rd party companies vs. ship's excursions. But we are going to have some OBC for our FP cruise that I was thinking of using for shore excursions as I don't know what else we would use it for (got the free AI deal). Problem is that they don't load the OBC until we board - I'm afraid excursions may sell out by then. Any advice? Thanks!

the first thing is that On Board Credit is exactly that. it must be used on board.  i have successfully used it for excursions.  however if you have status theyre cheaper beforehand.  but if you gave credit burning a hole in your pocket...  ive had good luck with booking on board.  they seem to have lots of cancellations.

Yes, so I have to use it once onboard for the cruise. I have 3 excursions I'm hoping to take through Windstar and am worried about them selling out before we get on board. Guess I'm going to have to risk it as I don't know what else we would spend the OBC on! Thanks. Oh - and I do have some OBC for a different upcoming cruise that I can use pre-boarding to book stuff so it's not always consistent.

I use use independents as well. The Coral drift is the only WS shorex in FP you can't afford to miss. You should be a decent snorkeler if you plan it though and be sure to bring water shoes. I bring a rash guard and even  some kind of leg coverings as well- even tights. Depending on the tide, the speed and level of the water will affect your flotation and possibilities of getting banged on rocks. You won't know till the day you drift though. If you are a decent swimmer and snorkeler it is pure heaven, bith the underwater experience and the setting in Tahaa.

The other excursion no one should miss is that in BB with H2O Bora Bora. They now are contracted with WS- you can email them to find out which tour it is to book with WS-  h2oborabora@gmail.com

The only thing is that they only have 2 boats and each boat is a max of 4 or 7, so there will be very few WS cruisers who get to enjoy them.

If I get to go to the great beyond I can only hope it will be as stunningly perfect as the tours we've taken with them to BB's coral gardens.

I'm fairly certain others have posted on this forum that you can book your WS excursion before you board, then cancel it once on board & rebook using your OBC. The amount originally charged to your credit card for the excursion gets credited to your onboard account, then refunded at the end of the cruise if any is leftover. The only issue (I think) is that the excursion price point may be a bit higher when booking onboard. Maybe others who have done this can chime in. 

• Like 1