Bucharest Airport Transfer Question

Hello, myself and my mother will be arriving at the Bucharest (OTP) airport at 5:50 pm. I'm looking for private transfer to our hotel that will meet us in baggage claim. Does anyone have recommendations for companies they have used? Not interested in public transportation. Thanks for any help.

1 hour ago, TikiIslandGirl said:

Hello, myself and my mother will be arriving at the Bucharest (OTP) airport at 5:50 pm. I'm looking for private transfer to our hotel that will meet us in baggage claim. Does anyone have recommendations for companies they have used? Not interested in public transportation. Thanks for any help.

Probably have, but I thought I would ask, have you inquired with your hotel if they can arrange transport for you?

Just now, Rebel54 said:

Probably have, but I thought I would ask, have you inquired with your hotel if they can arrange transport for you?

No I didn't think about that. I'll check. Also Rebel54 If I turn on my phone I will get charged $10 to get a uber.  (att fee per 24 hours)-so would rather have a pre arranged transfer.

2 minutes ago, TikiIslandGirl said:

No I didn't think about that. I'll check. Also Rebel54 If I turn on my phone I will get charged $10 to get a uber.  (att fee per 24 hours)-so would rather have a pre arranged transfer.

Yikes, this is why I stay with T-Mobile!  I don't know alot about eSim's but that might be something to look into.  Also, turn off your data/roaming and go Wifi and maybe you can use local or airport Wifi to do some business. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rebel54 said:

Yikes, this is why I stay with T-Mobile!  I don't know alot about eSim's but that might be something to look into.  Also, turn off your data/roaming and go Wifi and maybe you can use local or airport Wifi to do some business. 

Yes- I turn off all data/roaming and limit myself to wifi. I only will use my cellular  if I absolutely need it for gps/maps.

12 hours ago, TikiIslandGirl said:

will meet us in baggage claim

No-one can meet you in baggage claim, they'll have to be in arrivals after you pass through customs.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We were a provided travel suggestions from our agent when we went to Budapest last year.

He recommended for "private transfers" Romulus Travel. http://romulus-travel.com

Bolt is the transportation/ride app that many use in Hungary

We flew in @1:30am, taxis were still running to get us to the Marriott. Taxi booth check-in and then get in the cue. Used apple pay for fare. Piece of cake!

Edited by netorders

9 minutes ago, netorders said:

We were a provided travel suggestions from our agent when we went to Budapest last year.

He recommended for "private transfers" Romulus Travel. http://romulus-travel.com

Bolt is the transportation/ride app that many use in Hungary

We flew in @1:30am, taxis were still running to get us to the Marriott. Taxi booth check-in and then get in the cue. Used apple pay for fare. Piece of cake!

Thanks for the info!!!. I've been reading about the do not take a taxi because they will rip you off reviews/posts.. So you took a taxi from the airport and didn't have any issues??

That is correct. It is a set price at the cabbie booth. We tipped in dollars.

In fact, we saw the cab driver the next day enjoying the Marriott breakfast buffet with other cabbies!

regards.

Are you talking about Budapest? @TikiIslandGirl is asking about Bucharest. 

Just now, netorders said:

That is correct. It is a set price at the cabbie booth. We tipped in dollars.

In fact, we saw the cab driver the next day enjoying the Marriott breakfast buffet with other cabbies!

regards.

We used Bucharest Airport Transfer the first time we went and were very pleased with the service.  they charge/car - not per person.

https://bucharestairporttransfer.com/

I just checked their business card (yes, I saved it!!) and when compared with the current prices on the website, it seems as if the prices have only risen 1 euro for an airport --> hotel transfer.

The gentleman was waiting just outside the doors when we excited the baggage claim area.  Quite seamless. 

Fran