NY Cruiseport to LGA

Are there taxis waiting at the cruiseport?  How long does it take to get to LGA (terminal B) from the cruiseport? 

We do self-disembarkation (expect to be one of the first off the ship) and are curious about the availability & timing of transportation.

Thanks to anyone who can help us.

Not so much “waiting”, but passing along. We have found best bet to cross the avenue (to get away from the mob) and flag a taxi down on the northbound side (the direction towards LGA.

Time is a real variable: with weekday rush hour traffic it can be over an hour, on a slow weekend, as little as 30 minutes.

4 hours ago, DiTomCruisers said:

Are there taxis waiting at the cruiseport?  How long does it take to get to LGA (terminal B) from the cruiseport? 

We do self-disembarkation (expect to be one of the first off the ship) and are curious about the availability & timing of transportation.

Thanks to anyone who can help us.

There are three cruise terminals in the port of New York: Manhattan, Brooklyn and Cape Liberty (which is actually in Bayonne NJ rather than NY City).

Which one are you asking about? While there will be taxis available at all three the amount of time to get to LGA will vary, with Cape Liberty taking longer than the other two.  If you're coming into Cape Liberty you don't want to use a taxi at all to go to LGA...Uber or a car service would be much better.

In Manhattan you should cross 12th Av and pick up a taxi there, as @navybankerteacher said, but in Brooklyn the taxis will be available within the confines of the cruise port grounds. At either cruise terminal even doing self disembarkation it may take a few minutes to actually get a taxi as many others will be doing the same. 30 minutes drive time to LGA from Brooklyn or Manhattan is an absolute minimum, but never count on that. Allow at least an hour.

3 hours ago, DiTomCruisers said:

Thanks folks - I should have checked earlier, Princess uses the Brooklyn Cruiseport

Important distinction:  in my case (having been born and raised in Manhattan) when someone refers to “NY Cruiseport” I think of Manhattan - certainly not Bayonne, NJ (in a different state),  or even Brooklyn (which was a separate city until a little more than a century ago) and which lies outside of New York County - and is hardly as New Yorkish as Manhattan.

My apologies.