Murano shows no spots left on app

We booked one dinner for Murano back in March for our cruise in 12 days but recently it continuously show there are no reservations left.  If possible, we would like to make another dinner reservation and lunch reservation.  Never saw any spots for lunch.  Is this normal to be fully booked up?  Any chance once on board to make extra reservations. 

They do not sell all reservations pre cruise so e are held back for those who booked dining packages, those in high end suites with included specialty dining and on board bookings.

Murano is not open at lunch.  On some sailing there is a lunch offered 1 day in a specialty restaurant, frequently it is in Tuscan sometimes in Murano.  It is normally not available to book pre cruise.

• Like 2

Ok, thank you jelayne.  Will wait until on board to see any extra opening. Does Murano normally look full on most nights?  

Murano is very popular, particularly on the ships that don’t have the Lawn Grill or Porch.  Shorter cruises it fills faster than the longer 10+N sailings.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We are on 13 night Scandinavia.  I should have booked more nights while some were still available back in February.  I did not purchase the package because I read here that with package one cannot make reservations via app pre-boarding.  

Edited by rinshin

34 minutes ago, rinshin said:

We are on 13 night Scandinavia.  I should have booked more nights while some were still available back in February.  I did not purchase the package because I read here that with package one cannot make reservations via app pre-boarding.  

That’s correct, but the restaurants hold back some times slots for those with packages, on board bookings, suites that have unlimited specialty dining. 
With a package you most likely could get a reservation in Murano if you are flexible with the date and time.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rinshin said:

We booked one dinner for Murano back in March for our cruise in 12 days but recently it continuously show there are no reservations left.  If possible, we would like to make another dinner reservation and lunch reservation.  Never saw any spots for lunch.  Is this normal to be fully booked up?  Any chance once on board to make extra reservations. 

Very good chance to make reservations. Go early in the cruise.   We always go to the lunch in Murano which typically on Day 6,   It is a limited menu but worth the $$$. 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 12:12 PM, rinshin said:

We have been told on board that up to 50% of the time slots at specialty restaurants are not sold online pre-cruise for reasons that others have stated.  On our last cruise we went right to Murano when we boarded and got the date and time we wanted no problem.  In spite of it being listed as fully booked in our cruise planner.  

• Like 1