Boston Cruise Port Parking

Hi, we will be cruising on the Norwegian Gem out of Boston on July 5/24 and I have a question regarding parking. This will be our first time leaving from Boston and we have no idea where to park. Is there parking available at the cruise port. We like parking and just walking to the ship but I'm not sure if this is possible in Boston. I've been researching and the closest parking I found seems like you still have to rely on a shuttle to take you to the ship. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vacation65 said:

Hi, we will be cruising on the Norwegian Gem out of Boston on July 5/24 and I have a question regarding parking. This will be our first time leaving from Boston and we have no idea where to park. Is there parking available at the cruise port. We like parking and just walking to the ship but I'm not sure if this is possible in Boston. I've been researching and the closest parking I found seems like you still have to rely on a shuttle to take you to the ship. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Hello @vacation65 and thank you for your new topic on the Ask a Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Your inquiry concerns parking in a specific North American Homeport and is off topic there.

To help you out, your new topic has been moved to the North American Homeports - East Coast Departures forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed from Boston or live there frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you.

The Cruise Critic website and message boards are both great resources for new as well as experienced cruisers, and we are so glad you are posting! Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community categories list for the various message board forums. I suggest you Bookmark the page or put it in your Favorites for quick and easy access in the future. Please read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka Stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in most forums. You will find very important instructions or information there.

I also suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads or forums where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications. If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

The official port parking is offsite and provides a shuttle. There is a small parking lot at the pier that is not associated with the port. There is also a garage, but I'm not sure they want cruisers parking there due to the businesses in the area.

When I'm lucky enough to cruise out of San Francisco, I find that staying in a hotel on a park & fly package the night before is really stress-free.  Airport hotels are usually inexpensive, I have a leisurely morning and call a taxi to the port.  

1 hour ago, jsn55 said:

When I'm lucky enough to cruise out of San Francisco, I find that staying in a hotel on a park & fly package the night before is really stress-free.  Airport hotels are usually inexpensive, I have a leisurely morning and call a taxi to the port.  

You haven't been to Boston then....  There are no park and cruise hotels near the port.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jsn55 said:

I stayed at a very nice Hilton at Logan last time I was in Boston.  I'm sorry that it's no longer there.

It's definitely still there, been there for decades.  It isn't a "park and cruise" hotel, though.  Occasionally they offer park and fly deals that are cheaper than Logan's parking but I haven't seen that offered in at least 10 years.   There are many hotels nearer the cruiseport than the airport ones, and there are many cheaper airport hotels with parking that might work for someone looking to put together their own Stay/park/cruise package

On 5/11/2024 at 3:40 PM, vacation65 said:

There is another post asking this question that has some good info. I just got the C1 lot for 15 days for $200 plus a $12 fee.