Southampton Airport

As per my previous post, we are off Anthem on 26 May and our flight to Edinburgh has been changed to 16.00.

We have flown back from Sou many times but never had such a long wait.

I have looked at various options to store our luggage for about 4 hours.

John Bull on this forum has been incredibly helpful ( thanks John) , however I’ve tried phoning the Manyards store you referred to countless times to arrange luggage storage but the phone is never answered.

It then occurred to me that if I can check bags in early I can follow his suggestion for a train to Winchester to pass the time. You would think it would be easy to get an answer if an early bag check in is possible, however think again!   Loganair can’t tell me one way or another and sent me the general airport number.   Next problem, when you call that you CANNOT get thru to a human.  The line just goes dead.

I read on their website, (on the basis’ Loganair won’t accept the bags early), the airport has a left baggage facility at £10 per bag.

I have been trying to call to get this verified, but as I say, no one will speak to me. Has anyone used this facility, did u pre book it?  Is it in fact still available? I don’t want to ignore possible storage in town, only to get to the airport with no options and have to sit over 6 hours.

Hopefully all above makes sense and thanks in advance 

We also use Soton regularly but have never tried to leave bags that early. Have you thought about Central train station. Being a city centre station with many cruise ship passengers passing through they may have a left luggage facility. Only other thing I can think of is a day room at the Holiday Inn. Our flight was not until around 7.30 so we had the room until 5pm. However, it cost us £50. 

I received a Facebook reply from Sou airport saying we can leave bags in left luggage at the airport for £10 per bag. 

If Loganair won’t take our bags at 10.00 am, that’s what we will do, then walk across to the train station and go to Winchester for a few hours.

Thanks for everyone’s help.

Same as us. We have 4 Loganair flights booked. 3 of them have been changed. One has been cancelled altogether resulting in moving the cancelled flight to a day earlier. This means spending 2 nights pre cruise in a hotel. Gone from £75 for one night to £225 for two. I called them to rebook rather than do it online as we also had assistance booked. Suggest you do the same.