Carnival Cruise Lines - Join a Cruise at Port

Hi, I'm new to cruising but I have a very important question. I am cruising next month w my entire family (including my husband and 2 kids) with Carnival (Mexico 7 day, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo, and Mazatlan). Something has come up and my oldest son (9) has to be at something the day after the Cruise leaves. Is there ANY possible way for him and my husband to join up with the rest of us at the first port? I understand we'd be responsible for getting to Puerto Vallarta from LA. My husband has travel insurance with his booking but my son does not. I am so stressed out about this! 

You have to get Carnival's approval ahead of time (as in make the request now).  People will respond that they have or haven't done this before, but the only response that matters for you is how Carnival responds when you make the request now for next month's cruise.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

And both would have to have passports.  Carnival (and other lines) used to allow this, but they stopped routinely approving it because is make the cruise no longer a closed loop for everyone onboard, extra paperwork, longer CBP clearance for everyone on return. EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Malibuhk22 said:

Hi, I'm new to cruising but I have a very important question. I am cruising next month w my entire family (including my husband and 2 kids) with Carnival (Mexico 7 day, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo, and Mazatlan). Something has come up and my oldest son (9) has to be at something the day after the Cruise leaves. Is there ANY possible way for him and my husband to join up with the rest of us at the first port? I understand we'd be responsible for getting to Puerto Vallarta from LA. My husband has travel insurance with his booking but my son does not. I am so stressed out about this! 

I will also add to make certain that whoever you speak to about this you have the correct info, preferably something in writing BEFORE they fly to the first port to join the ship. It would be terrible if they were turned away from boarding because it was incorrect information you got. 

Best of luck to you.

• Like 2