Joy Speedway - child

Hi,

We are potentially looking at a last min cruise on the NCL Joy.  We saw there was a speedway there that sold adult and child tickets.  Are the min height requirements that are listed on the website for if you want to drive alone?  Or is that the same requirement for child riding w/ parent, as well?  Just wanted to check.  We have a 7 year old who wants to know if she can go with her dad.

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

I believe the minimum to drive is 48”, my son (then an average height 9yo) had to ride last year while Dad drove. He is REALLY hoping he’s grown enough this year to drive. I’ve been meaning to measure him for our June 9th departure on the Joy. Your 7yo will definitely be able to ride with Dad!

Edited by weisla

26 minutes ago, weisla said:

I believe the minimum to drive is 48”, my son (then an average height 9yo) had to ride last year while Dad drove. He is REALLY hoping he’s grown enough this year to drive. I’ve been meaning to measure him for our June 9th departure on the Joy. Your 7yo will definitely be able to ride with Dad!

Norwegian Joy

Joy Speedway

• Height requirements: Minimum is 55" (1.40m). Maximum is 82" (2.08m)
  • Weight requirements: No minimum weight. Maximum weight is 265lbs (120kgs)

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Norwegian Joy

Joy Speedway

• Height requirements: Minimum is 55" (1.40m). Maximum is 82" (2.08m)
  • Weight requirements: No minimum weight. Maximum weight is 265lbs (120kgs)

I considered responding with this information, but this is where the confusion lies - it doesn't specify if this is for drivers only or for all including riders in the doubles (which wouldn't make a ton of sense)

It is for drivers only, my son was under 55” and allowed to ride but not drive. Measured him yesterday and he’s grown to 55 1/2” since last summer. He is super excited to take the wheel! 

On 5/12/2024 at 11:27 AM, StarAFire said:

Hi,

We are potentially looking at a last min cruise on the NCL Joy.  We saw there was a speedway there that sold adult and child tickets.  Are the min height requirements that are listed on the website for if you want to drive alone?  Or is that the same requirement for child riding w/ parent, as well?  Just wanted to check.  We have a 7 year old who wants to know if she can go with her dad.

Thanks!

IMG_4020.jpeg

• Thanks 1