Beverage Packages

Hello,

I've been searching the forums about drink packages, thought I still have some unanswered questions. If I purchase the "all included" price (classic beverage and basic wi-fi) on Aqua Class and down the road there is a sale on packages, or premium package sale, can it be adjusted? Are there any discounts on the packages for elite loyalty status and will those automatically be discounted while booking the cruise?

If I decide not to purchase at the time of booking, can I still add it later, either adding it to the booking pre-cruise or once I get on board?

Thanks in advance

Yes, it can be adjusted.  It is always less expensive to book pre-cruise than it is onboard.  I believe that in order to get the elite discount, you will need to call. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If you book your cruise with all included pricing it is a package, if the beverage package goes on sale your cruise price does not get adjusted.  Same with the wi-fi.    There is no Elite discount on the fare for either cruise only or all included.  What you can get is a 1 category upgrade.  You can book a Aqua 1 cabin and pay the price for a Aqua 2 cabin.  You have to ask for this when you book, you can't get booking on line.

After you book and before final payment if the price of you cruise with all included goes down you can call and get the price adjusted, just make sure any promotions you have are included in the new lower price.

What you can do now is do a mock booking with the cruise only rate and then do the same mock booking with all included.  Take the difference and figure out the daily rate for the drink package and the wi-fi.  Compare that to the price of purchasing the drink package and the wi-fi.  Be sure to add the 20% gratuity to the price of the beverage package as that will be added in your purchase a beverage package.  The all included crui9se price includes the 20% gratuity on the beverage package.  Most of the time the all included price is less expensive than booking a cruise only rate and then purchasing the beverage package and wi-fi seperately. 

Edited by jelayne
added info re Elite
  • Like 1

You can upgrade to the premium package if purchased all in.  Keep watching for specials.  If you pay for the upgrade and it goes down in cost, cancel and rebook.  Can do online. If on sale cannot also apply the elite discount.  One or the other only. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gfkcruiser said:

You can upgrade to the premium package if purchased all in.  Keep watching for specials.  If you pay for the upgrade and it goes down in cost, cancel and rebook.  Can do online. If on sale cannot also apply the elite discount.  One or the other only. 

When you say elite discount, do you mean on the beverage package? Do you know what the discount is? Can you call and get that discount on the all included price when you book? Is there a discount to upgrade to the premium package once you are on board or upgrade ahead of time once you book?

Thanks everyone who has clarified some things. It's very helpful. 

I was referring to the Captains Club levels.  Higher levels get discounts on certain items but not when booking except for a same category upgrade.  If you go tot the celebrity site and look at captains club,  all the info is there. Not sure of the discounts. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

When you say elite discount, do you mean on the beverage package? Do you know what the discount is? Can you call and get that discount on the all included price when you book? Is there a discount to upgrade to the premium package once you are on board or upgrade ahead of time once you book?

Thanks everyone who has clarified some things. It's very helpful. 

The elite discount is on the beverage package and upgrade from classic beverage package to premium. I believe it is 15%. But you usually can’t get the sale price, if they are having a sale,  and your discount. I say usually because I have gotten both at times. In order to get the discount you need to call celebrity. The discount is also not available onboard as far as I know but not 100% sure of that. This does not apply to the “all included” pricing. You purchase that pricing as a package and the only way you can get is if the cruise price goes down. You would need to call celebrity or your TA. 

• Like 1

I agree on the Elite Drink Pkg discount . You either get the sale price or the 15 % discount but not both (or at least I didn't)

But , if you only drink a few then it's cheaper to just pay the upcharge for the premium beverage.

Good Luck and have fun