Royal up bid notification?

Will you be notified either way with the Royal up bid? I placed a bid a few weeks ago, and there was always the option to modify the bid until today. Now there is no mention of a Royal up offer for my next cruise and no email update. My room # has not changed,  and check-in begins tomorrow for a June departure. I guess I'm just wondering if I'll officially be notified if my bid wasn't accepted or if there's still a possibility. Also, is it possible for such a last minute decision that luggage tags printed 3 days before cruise could be invalid?

14 minutes ago, renee1222 said:

Also, is it possible for such a last minute decision that luggage tags printed 3 days before cruise could be invalid?

If you get upgraded that close in you'll need to get a new tag from the porters at the terminal.

The denial email usually comes the day before sailing. You should see the status if you follow the original email offer link.

• Like 1

My experience is that you know fairly early (weeks) if your bid was successful - but I've received emails telling me I was not successful - on embarkation day. 

No one knows the magic formula, but there is a lot of speculation that the higher the cabin category you are bidding on - the earlier you will know of a successful bid because then those "lesser" cabins will be awarded to other bidders who bid on your original cabin type.  Domino effect. 

• Like 1

Yes you should get an email either way, which can come anytime up until about 9 PM embarkation night (99% likely to be a denial at that point).

We were awarded a RoyalUp ONE TIME and that was our February 2022 sailing of Navi OTS. We received the "congratulations" email two weeks prior to sailing. The other few times we have applied we received the "sorry not this time" email the night before or morning of our sailing. 

Posted (edited)

Sailing Saturday on Icon and received the successful upgrade email today (Tuesday). The website shows the new cabin number but the luggage tags are still the old.

Edited by Big_G

3 hours ago, Big_G said:

Sailing Saturday on Icon and received the successful upgrade email today (Tuesday). The website shows the new cabin number but the luggage tags are still the old.

Just get them from a porter and either they will or you can just write your new cabin number on them. 

On 5/14/2024 at 8:53 PM, Ashland said:

Just get them from a porter and either they will or you can just write your new cabin number on them. 

That was the plan but they changed before boarding so we printed new ones at the hotel.