Bidding cut off date

Does anyone know if or when Princess cuts off bidding? I ask because after 16 Princess cruises we are on a guarantee for the first time and trying to get a feel for the process. I assume cabins are not dealt out until the bidding is over.

Per the T&C on Princess site:

Bidding Period and Availability: PCL shall determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, the Eligible Cruises that will be available for the Program. For each Eligible Cruise, upgrade Bidding will be available for Guests starting five (5) days after such Cruise's final payment date and ending two (2) days before the Cruise's departure date (the "Bidding Period"). Guests must have made final payment on the Cruise by the Cruise's final payment date in order to submit a Bid.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/plan/princess-cruise-room-upgrade#faq

Also lots of good info in the above link if you scroll down to the FAQs.

• Like 2

Let me preface this by saying, I book guarantee, DON'T bid to upgrade, but DO get the bid to upgrade e-mails.

Wait for your cabin to be assigned.  You might get a free category upgrade, and by bidding you might negate this.  For example, if you booked an interior guarantee, and bid on an upgrade, and it's accepted, you essentially paid for an upgrade and might have missed out on a free upgrade.  Also, if you do receive and comped category upgrade from the guarantee booking, higher categories will open up for bidding at a lower cost.  For example, I booked an IF guarantee and was upgraded to BW obstructed.  When my booking was still IF guarantee, I could only bid up to a Deluxe Balcony.  When I got my upgrade to BW, I could bid all the way to a Mini Suite and the minimum bids for DW, Balcony, and Deluxe Balcony dropped.

I placed a bid as soon as I could.  I was notified that it was declined the night before the cruise.  Didn't expect anything.  I was happy where I was.  I would not do another bid again, too many unknowns.

I may not have explained myself correctly. I am not bidding on a upgrade, we are currently in a Mini guarantee. I thought especially in a almost full ship Princess waits to assign guarantee cabins once the upgrading shuffle takes place. Just wondered when I should expect a cabin assignment. 

Much to our surprise our bid for an upgrade was accepted just over a month before our current Coral Princess world cruise embarked in Sydney. We were very happy about that.