Are the only Premium Deluxe Balconies at the very aft on the Regal Princess?

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

I've been scouring over the Deck Plans..... am I missing them or are the extra large Premium Deluxe balconies only at the very back of the ship on Regal?

Yes, but...  While they are not sold under the title of "Premium Deluxe Balconies" there are "Deluxe Balconies" that have balconies that are just as big, if not bigger and some that are just a bit smaller, but still way bigger than a typical balcony.  Many of them have metal balcony walls instead of the blue glass, but guests report finding that feature to be worth the trade of getting the extra size.  Look at the forward area of Emerald Deck and the forward facing Balconies on Marina Deck.  They will say "Obstructed" but that refers to the metal framing as opposed to the blue glass framing.  Also, there are larger than average balconies on Dolphin Deck mid-ship.  They are not sold as "Premium" but are still "Deluxe" meaning that they have the love seat.  D407-D410 have fairly large balconies.  So do D424, D425, D428 and D429 though they are not "Deluxe".  They have bigger balconies, but no love seat.

Here is a link to a discussion of the ones on Emerald Deck with some photos.

Edited by JimmyVWine

For a larger balcony, either standard or deluxe cabin, look at the mid-ship cabins on the curved bump-out.  The ones on Deck 8 are sold as 'obstructed', but really it is just because the open deck just below.   We have booked those a few times.

The way it shows on the deck plans is pretty accurate, so you see what the balcony is like.

Always welcome!!!  

Do you know that there can be issues booking a Deluxe Balcony (with the little love-seat sofa) as they can all be reserved for 3 or more guests?

They can show all RESERVE, or GTY, for a couple.

There are possible ways to work around this if you want to select one of these particular cabins.

Yes I've learned that recently here as well. If a Deluxe Balcony cabin actually has a bigger BALCONY, we'll be all over booking one. But for us a love seat and/or couch is not a big deal. Last year we got "upgraded" from a Premium Balcony to a Mini Suite. Worst move ever for us. Tiniest balcony we've ever seen and lesson learned. But I know we are not the norm and that many really like the extra cabin room.