Club Balcony Suite - Jewel Deck 11 worried about noise.

Looking a several cruises on the Jewel, one on the Gem - seem to be the same layout.

There are three adults in one room so looking at the Club Balcony Suite.

Worried that all are on deck 11.  Deck 12 has the pools, Garden Cafe, Youth center, Teen Club.  

How is the noise?  Not thrilled to be under a teen club that goes till up to 1:00 am, or under the Garden Cafe that would open early in the morning.

Pools - hear they start setting up deck chairs early.

I like mid ship but that has all that on deck 12.  Further back seems to be more open on opposite side of Garden Cafe.

Upgrading to a suite is more than we can budget and like the room that the Club Balcony Suite would have for 3 adults.

Comments on the noise?

I did a cruise on RCCL under the pool deck and every day at like 4am they start making a HUGE racket.  Seemed like they were moving deck furniture and power washing it and it went on for a long time.  Granted I am a light sleeper and easily awakened/bothered by noise.  But I would never go under the pool deck again. Even with earplugs it was not nice.

If you book a cabin on deck 11 on the Jewel select one of the club balconies that is under the library or the card room.

If you book anything further back than 11030 or 11530 you will hear scraping from chairs above and it’s awful.

• Like 1

Too bad Club Balcony Suites are only on deck 11.  Can't do forward rooms due to the motion, I do better mid but that won't work as pools are on deck 12 mid ship.   Only choice is to go further back maybe past where the teen club is and opposite side of the garden cafe.  Although the cruise I am looking at is Boston to Bermuda two sea days and docked in Bermuda so might be able to do forward.  

Well found out that the blank space between the Teen Club and La Cucina on deck 12 is the buffet's galley - so again not a great place to be below on deck 11. 

34 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

That galley is not above the club balcony suites.

Are you sure?  Here's mid-ship to aft for Deck 12 on the left and Deck 11 on the right...

Screenshot2024-05-14at8_55_02PM.thumb.png.d9505b57b3d46d767d276786b903a01a.png

That is great to know, I checked those rooms and the location would be perfect for me. A few cabins up would be good until I hit the pool area and a couple down as the Kid's Cafe won't be as noisy as the Garden Cafe. Even the other side of the ship in that location the top of the Splash Academy but way before hitting the Arcade and Teen Club. I searched this forum for what the white space was across from the Garden Cafe and said it was the Kitchen Galley.  No mention of anyone staying in any of those rooms.

We stayed on the Jewel on deck 11 in 11574. It was terrible! The noise above with kids running around and banging  till after 11 some nights. We also heard scrapping of chairs early morning. We complained at front desk said they would tell them to quiet it down but the noise never got better. We also stayed in 11620 and we liked it, never heard any noise.

• Thanks 1

This information is great!  Marking the good, not so good and bad rooms on my deck 11 plan.

7 hours ago, Samantha1212 said:

We also stayed in 11620 and we liked it, never heard any noise.

I have also stayed in 11620. I occasionally heard boxes being moved but it was generally very quiet. I loved the location!

We've stayed in 11076 on the Pearl (sister ship in the same class) and didn't have any problems with noise.  We've also stayed in 11156, aft-facing, and didn't have any problems with the Great Outdoors.

Posted (edited)

We are currently on Jewel on 11616, compliments of a winning upgrade bid.

DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE book a cabin anywhere under the empty space shown on the deck plan.  It is definitely under the buffet galley.  We have a water noise from the dishwasher running through our cabin wall nearly all the time.  You can hear the dishwasher cycling through.  And, at night you hear clanks, roller carts, more clanks along with clunks, and pots clanking clunking in the dishwasher….at least until 2 am. 

I had to be VERY persistent with the “trained clueless” Guest Services team.  It took me four visits in the first 24 hours to get an OBC that I felt was satisfactory.  It only happened after I said i would visit every 4 hours for the entirety of the cruise until it was resolved.

Besides that mishap, the cruise has been very enjoyable. 

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, laudergayle said:

We are currently on Jewel on 11616, compliments of a winning upgrade bid.

DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE book a cabin anywhere under the empty space shown on the deck plan.  It is definitely under the buffet galley.  We have a water noise from the dishwasher running through our cabin wall nearly all the time.  You can hear the dishwasher cycling through.  And, at night you hear clanks, roller carts, more clanks along with clunks, and pots clanking clunking in the dishwasher….at least until 2 am. 

I had to be VERY persistent with the “trained clueless” Guest Services team.  It took me four visits in the first 24 hours to get an OBC that I felt was satisfactory.  It only happened after I said i would visit every 4 hours for the entirety of the cruise until it was resolved.

Besides that mishap, the cruise has been very enjoyable. 

So glad to hear from you! But, not for this reason. I'm glad you were persistent and are satisfied, but that's too bad your sleep was/is disturbed. Hoping you have a good rest of your cruise - I've been thinking about you cruising up there in the amazing Alaskan waters.