Please help - getting from white bay cruise terminal to circular quay with mobility scooter

I have booked a cruise from Auckland to Sydney on holland America and then another cruise 2 days later on princess cruise line. I was thinking I would just stay two nights at a hotel walkable to the circular quay cruise terminal as I will have/be using a mobility scooter. However I am now panicking as I think holland America dock at white bay cruise terminal. Princess cruise line sail out of circular quay cruise terminal. Getting a taxi from white bay cruise terminal to circular quay wouldn’t be an option for me because of the mobility scooter. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get to circular quay from white bay. Cruise terminal with my scooter? 

16 minutes ago, Jensue9 said:

I have booked a cruise from Auckland to Sydney on holland America and then another cruise 2 days later on princess cruise line. I was thinking I would just stay two nights at a hotel walkable to the circular quay cruise terminal as I will have/be using a mobility scooter. However I am now panicking as I think holland America dock at white bay cruise terminal. Princess cruise line sail out of circular quay cruise terminal. Getting a taxi from white bay cruise terminal to circular quay wouldn’t be an option for me because of the mobility scooter. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get to circular quay from white bay. Cruise terminal with my scooter? 

A serious answer: What about a maxi-taxi? They are equipped to carry a passenger in a wheelchair. How big is your scooter?

My silly answer: You’ve got two days. Surely you can cover that distance riding the scooter! 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

First of all, check where the ship is actually going to berth. The Circular Quay one is called the Overseas Passenger Terminal on this official schedule:

www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/cruise/sydney-cruise-schedule/

Smaller ships can fit under the harbour bridge and go to White Bay.

If it is White Bay, then I agree you need a maxi taxi with a ramp you can ride your scooter up. Not difficult to get, so don't panic.

Edited by cruiser3775
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

To find out which cruise terminal your ship docks at look up the date of your cruise on this link.

https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/cruise/sydney-cruise-schedule/

It is the Sydney Cruise ship Schedule by the port authority, they dictate where ships berth.

Regards

John

ps; @Sparky74 you forgot to take into account the scooter would need to be recharged quite a few time I would imagine.🤣

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

To find out which cruise terminal your ship docks at look up the date of your cruise on this link.

https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/cruise/sydney-cruise-schedule/

It is the Sydney Cruise ship Schedule by the port authority, they dictate where ships berth.

Regards

John

Omg I could hug you! I clicked on your link and looked at the schedule and it says the westerdam arriving march 30 is docking at the overseas cruise terminal! That is the terminal at circular quay isn’t it? Oh I do hope so. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jensue9 said:

Omg I could hug you! I clicked on your link and looked at the schedule and it says the westerdam arriving march 30 is docking at the overseas cruise terminal! That is the terminal at circular quay isn’t it? Oh I do hope so. 

That's the one, your welcome.

John

• Like 2

Yes, it seems your Westerdam cruise on 16 March from Auckland arrives in Sydney docking at the OPT, several others do not and actually go to White Bay. 

As the Royal Princess is too large to get under the bridge, it too is docked at the OPT on 1 April,  no joking intended.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, it seems your Westerdam cruise on 16 March from Auckland arrives in Sydney docking at the OPT, several others do not and actually go to White Bay. 

As the Royal Princess is too large to get under the bridge, it too is docked at the OPT on 1 April,  no joking intended.

Such good news! 

19 minutes ago, Jensue9 said:

Just on a side note does anyone have a hotel walkable from OPT to stay for two nights before our princess cruise? 

What sort of budget?

Close to everything and flat for the scooter, Four Seasons is close. Marriot is usually our go to these days, a bit further away, but a flat walk and a bit more modest in price. Both are easy walking, and there are resting places along the quay as well.

The former Rydges (now Sydney Harbour Hotel) is the closest in a direct line, but it is a solid set of stairs in between there and the terminal. It is still closer than the others I mention, even after walking around on the footpath. I had given up on them, but haven't tried with their new management. Their pricing is comparatively cheap at present.

The "flattest" are certainly the Four Seasons, Sydney Harbour Marriott (there are a few Marriotts in Sydney) and the Pullman Quay Grand (pretty much directly opposite where the ships dock across the quay, very close to the Opera house)

4 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

You’ve got two days. Surely you can cover that distance riding the scooter! 🤪

I know the problem has been solved based on the ship docking at OPT, & I am very happy for the OP, but I have to admit I really was looking forward to following along on that scooter trip from White Bay to CQ 😮

• Haha 7

56 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I know the problem has been solved based on the ship docking at OPT, & I am very happy for the OP, but I have to admit I really was looking forward to following along on that scooter trip from White Bay to CQ 😮

Haha! 😉

• Like 1

Ah, I have sentimental reasons for the Four Seasons. I met my wife there 30something years ago when it was the Regent. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

The former Rydges (now Sydney Harbour Hotel) is the closest in a direct line, but it is a solid set of stairs in between there and the terminal. It is still closer than the others I mention, even after walking around on the footpath. I had given up on them, but haven't tried with their new management. Their pricing is comparatively cheap at present.

We stayed here a night before our cruise in 2018 - you literally walk across the street and down the ramp / road bit and you're at the terminal

8 hours ago, Muffinz said:

We stayed here a night before our cruise in 2018 - you literally walk across the street and down the ramp / road bit and you're at the terminal

Yes, it is super convenient. We have stayed there a few times, where I take the short cut & lug the bags down the stairs. When you take the footpath around, it isn't a whole lot shorter to walk than from Four Seasons. If the new ownership improves the hotel, we will stay there again at the right price. Does anyone know if the planned renovations are underway yet?