Pride of America Suites

For someone who's sailed POA lately, I'd love to know her condition, also I'd like to know where suite passengers eat in the evening? I know breakfast and lunch can be had at Cagney's but not clear about evening meals.  Surely, we don't have to buy specialty dining for all week?

Kind of bummed by this!  So should we get reservations for our group of 10 for the MDR and cancel if we decide on a specialty restaurant that evening?  We have 1 prepaid with our cruise, but would have to figure out where we'd want to eat each night, if not the MDR.

20 hours ago, valleyvillage said:

POA has no Haven restaurant. So you will do specialties, buffet, or the free dining rooms.

Even though there is no Haven restaurant, don’t forget that your butler will deliver supper to your room on request.

It’s not something most butlers like to do more than once or twice per cabin because they’re so busy but it’s worth taking advantage of.

We had La Cucina delivered to our balcony while in Kona. Eating good Italian while watching the sun set over Kona bay was magical.

Since you’re paying for a suite already, I’d consider adding several nights of specialty dining. It’s not that much more and will solve the issue of not having a Haven restaurant.

On 5/19/2024 at 5:07 AM, ryarger said:

Even though there is no Haven restaurant, don’t forget that your butler will deliver supper to your room on request.

It’s not something most butlers like to do more than once or twice per cabin because they’re so busy but it’s worth taking advantage of.

We had La Cucina delivered to our balcony while in Kona. Eating good Italian while watching the sun set over Kona bay was magical.

Since you’re paying for a suite already, I’d consider adding several nights of specialty dining. It’s not that much more and will solve the issue of not having a Haven restaurant.

We DO have 1 or 2 Specialty Dinners already.  But for clarification, are you saying the butler will deliver from the MDR dinners to our cabin?  We have a 10 person group, all in suites, so that might not be something that would work for us.  Since it's a get-together cruise we always eat every meal together.  We'll definitely talk it out and decide but wondered about the dinner deliveries.  Thanks for reply!!

On 5/19/2024 at 11:23 AM, dexddd said:

I know question not asked, but note on POA they won't deliver breakfast from Cagneys.

We always get up and eat together anyway, so that's not a problem.  Actually we may just eat heavy for breakfast and lunch and not worry about a heavy, sit-down dinner as usual.  It might help us not gain weight!!! lol

2 hours ago, sargemrs said:

But for clarification, are you saying the butler will deliver from the MDR dinners to our cabin?

I’ve only done it for specialty but I’m sure they’d do MDR. It’s just not something they like to do more than one or twice per suite because it’s very time consuming.

But as you say you’re traveling as multi-suite group, it won’t be as useful for you. I suppose you could all dine on your balconies and shout across the barriers at each other. 🙂

• Like 1

We recently cruised in an owner suite. Given the age of the ship I thought it was in decent condition. Helps to go in with expectations of a small older ship. Our room was super spacious. For dinners we did specialty most nights. Upgraded whatever “free” package we booked. And they were all decent. Room service we only used for breakfast. We wrote in on the provided card what we wanted from the Cagney breakfast menu and had no issues getting it delivered. We did lunch at Cagney only on embarkation day and it was excellent. Overall we loved the cruise. Perfect way to see all the islands!

We sailed on this ship in February and thought that even though it is a smaller, older ship, it's in really good condition. Everything felt clean and well cared for. We did not stay in a suite so I can't speak to that. We dined in the MDR most nights and the steakhouse one other night. Food was very good. Overall, it's an amazing cruise and great way to see the islands. I would definitely go again. Happy sailing.

On 5/21/2024 at 7:19 PM, mslhb said:

We recently cruised in an owner suite. Given the age of the ship I thought it was in decent condition. Helps to go in with expectations of a small older ship. Our room was super spacious. For dinners we did specialty most nights. Upgraded whatever “free” package we booked. And they were all decent. Room service we only used for breakfast. We wrote in on the provided card what we wanted from the Cagney breakfast menu and had no issues getting it delivered. We did lunch at Cagney only on embarkation day and it was excellent. Overall we loved the cruise. Perfect way to see all the islands!

Thank you for your response!

On 5/20/2024 at 8:23 PM, ryarger said:

I’ve only done it for specialty but I’m sure they’d do MDR. It’s just not something they like to do more than one or twice per suite because it’s very time consuming.

But as you say you’re traveling as multi-suite group, it won’t be as useful for you. I suppose you could all dine on your balconies and shout across the barriers at each other. 🙂

Thanks for your reply!

On 5/21/2024 at 9:19 PM, TeresaJ said:

We sailed on this ship in February and thought that even though it is a smaller, older ship, it's in really good condition. Everything felt clean and well cared for. We did not stay in a suite so I can't speak to that. We dined in the MDR most nights and the steakhouse one other night. Food was very good. Overall, it's an amazing cruise and great way to see the islands. I would definitely go again. Happy sailing.

Thank you!!