Room Location Upgrade

I’m sorry to ask a repeat question but I have searched previous posts and still don’t think I understand.

We sail in early July. When I view my Travel Summary, I see “Room Location Upgrade (1)” for myself and my husband.

I usually click “No Upgrade” but perhaps forgot to have TA do that. 

Is there still a chance they could move us? We are in a Dolphin minisuite on the Emerald. I don’t mind being moved a bit towards midship but don’t want something drastic like a higher level deck.  

I guess I’m just not sure if the travel summary means we already got a lower price for our category or if they might move us.

Thank you!

🛳️

3 minutes ago, buckeye7 said:

I’m sorry to ask a repeat question but I have searched previous posts and still don’t think I understand.

We sail in early July. When I view my Travel Summary, I see “Room Location Upgrade (1)” for myself and my husband.

I usually click “No Upgrade” but perhaps forgot to have TA do that. 

Is there still a chance they could move us? We are in a Dolphin minisuite on the Emerald. I don’t mind being moved a bit towards midship but don’t want something drastic like a higher level deck.  

I guess I’m just not sure if the travel summary means we already got a lower price for our category or if they might move us.

Thank you!

🛳️

The promotion you booked under included a room location upgrade. That means they charged you for a lower category then the one you booked. It has nothing to do with potential upgrades after booking.

There's always a chance they will give you an upgrade even if you don't want one. You can double check with your TA to make sure the booking is marked "No Upgrade" to reduce that chance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I believe post no. 2 is correct. You mention that your cabin is on the Dolphin deck on the Emerald Princess. On this ship there are no mini suites above the dolphin deck. If you receive further upgrades you can only be placed more mid ship, maybe but unlikely into a reserve class mini mid ship, or in rare cases into a full suite on another deck. As I see it there will be no downsides to an upgrade. Check the deck plans for further information. 

• Thanks 1

@buckeye7

I know it’s the weekend,but….

I would check with your travel agent to go over all your concerns like cabin location upgrade, no upgrade,& category,etc,that seems important to you,since no one really knows on CC for sure. We don’t know your booking like your TA does.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

The promotion you booked under included a room location upgrade. That means they charged you for a lower category then the one you booked. It has nothing to do with potential upgrades after booking.

There's always a chance they will give you an upgrade even if you don't want one. You can double check with your TA to make sure the booking is marked "No Upgrade" to reduce that chance.

Correct. Princess can still move you "up", if they want to even if you have "no upgrade" marked.

• Thanks 1